I have an 18 year old chocolate persian. His health has been good up until last night when he suddenly collapsed on to his right hand side and when "stiff". He came out of this but was left disorientated and unable to walk properly. I called the out of hours vet who said that it sounded like he had had a fit, and to monitor him and take him in this morning if things were still not right. I took him to vet this morning who gave him a thorough check and could feel nothing untoward, she did however this he may have hyper-thyroidsim. She took a blood sample and said I would receive the results later. About 40min after returning home she called to say the results had come back normal. She said to see how the cat went and that he may not have a reoccurance. He perked up during the day, he's eaten some ham and a very small bit of his own food and has been drinking, he's done the smallest of wee's as well. Unfortunately he has had a further 2 "fits" tonight, I called the vet back and she said that obviously we can look into medication, but I need to consider his age, his ability to take tablets etc etc. He's been laying on the floor since, but about 10 mins ago just suddenly sat bolt upright, as bright as a button and marched (albeit slightly woozy) into the kitchen for a drink and some food. I am totally confused as what to think or do. I don't want to put him through loads of tests at his age, but at the same time would be heartbroken to have to make "that" decision. I would be so grateful if anyone has had a similar experience with their cat, I also don't want to line the pocket of the vets!