UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

9301 - 9320 of 9356 Posts

·
Human mother to Oscar
12,813 Posts
I must resist the urge to buy new bedding. I have plenty but I love Orla Kiely and I neeeeeeeed it.

Of course I don’t need it, I can’t afford it after another £185 at the vet today anyway 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Oooooh! Waiting eagerly for pics of the cats riding the vacuum!

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I must resist the urge to buy new bedding. I have plenty but I love Orla Kiely and I neeeeeeeed it.

Of course I don’t need it, I can’t afford it after another £185 at the vet today anyway 🤷‍♀️
I've not seen an Oscar update for a while. How's he doing?

I do need new bedding, worn thin now. Never know how to pick a good material though, that doesn't attract cat fur. Some was so hopeless I put it in the cat house!

Reactions: huckybuck

·
Human mother to Oscar
12,813 Posts
I've not seen an Oscar update for a while. How's he doing?

I do need new bedding, worn thin now. Never know how to pick a good material though, that doesn't attract cat fur. Some was so hopeless I put it in the cat house!
I have updated his little thread today :) He's still ticking along thank you.

Bedding-wise we just have pure cotton, doesn't attract the hair too badly. The Winter brushed cotton duvet though, that's a different matter.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I have updated his little thread today :) He's still ticking along thank you.

Bedding-wise we just have pure cotton, doesn't attract the hair too badly. The Winter brushed cotton duvet though, that's a different matter.
Hmmm...bet pure cotton needs ironing. Not happening! I know you like ironed sheets but I can't be doing with it.

So glad Oscar is managing ok.

Reactions: Mrs Funkin

·
Registered
12,108 Posts
Hmmm...bet pure cotton needs ironing. Not happening! I know you like ironed sheets but I can't be doing with it.

So glad Oscar is managing ok.
I have easy care cotton. The cat hair is easily collected by brushing with a rubber brush ( like the back of a zoom groom)

·
Obedient Cat Slave
5,348 Posts
I have easy care cotton. The cat hair is easily collected by brushing with a rubber brush ( like the back of a zoom groom)
I've been known to vacuum my bedding (using the dusting brush attachment) before washing it, otherwise I end up with a washing machine full of cat hair- especially this time of year when madam is shedding like crazy :eek:

·
Cat Chat Friend
20,573 Posts
I made the mistake of buying a white duvet cover once! Thought it’ll be ok as will just use it in the guest room. But what I hadn’t factored was when it came out of the washing machine it had little fuzzy grey balls all over it!

@huckybuck itching to know how you get on with your robot, do you think it would work on slate floor which is bumpy and lumpy unlike your beautiful smooth floor?
I LOVE it!!! Only used it on vacuum but it’s a lot quieter than the other vacuums I have and it coped with cat litter easily! It was quick and methodical. Haven’t tried it on carpet yet or on mopping but watch this space!

I think it would be ok on an uneven slate but I’ll see how it handles going from the hard floor to carpet and let you know…

·
Cat Chat Friend
20,573 Posts
I had some sad news today - the vet that I wrote to last year to thank for saving Cinders for me around thirty years ago died recently. Her husband left a message to let me know.

I am so glad I sent her the letter in the end and hope that despite her Alzheimer’s she knew how much her kindness meant to me.

·
Endangered Species
25,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,314 ·
I had some sad news today - the vet that I wrote to last year to thank for saving Cinders for me around thirty years ago died recently. Her husband left a message to let me know.

I am so glad I sent her the letter in the end and hope that despite her Alzheimer’s she knew how much her kindness meant to me.
That is sad but the fact you sent her your letter does give you comfort

·
Endangered Species
25,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9,315 ·

You make me feel better @Mrs Funkin. I saw some last week which is the same pattern as my bedroom voile curtain. I argued with myself that I didn't need any as I'm rather a duvet set collector but I went ahead anyway. 😋 I usually get rid of my oldest set then to charity which makes the guilt better.

@ewelsh will kill me, she tells me off for buying new bedding. 😄

·
Cat Chat Friend
20,573 Posts
@ewelsh omg Deebot is genius 😇

I’ve set her off with her oscillating mop and she’s so clever!!! I told her I wanted her to clean the utility first and then the kitchen and blow me off she went. She vacuums before she mops and when she spotted the doormat she avoided that so she didn’t get it wet!

I just need to train her to go and post my letters now!

Seriously I am quite impressed - last year I bought the most amazing cordless vacuum/mop machine which I absolutely adore but Dee is coming very close to replacing her!

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
@huckybuck that’s exciting, glad Dee is delighting you, if she can post your letters then Ill have her do my ironing ha!

I will have a look and see if it mentions unlevel flooring. It’s time I had a new hoover and mop So why not both!
Watch this space ;)

·
Human mother to Oscar
12,813 Posts
You make me feel better @Mrs Funkin. I saw some last week which is the same pattern as my bedroom voile curtain. I argued with myself that I didn't need any as I'm rather a duvet set collector but I went ahead anyway. 😋 I usually get rid of my oldest set then to charity which makes the guilt better.

@ewelsh will kill me, she tells me off for buying new bedding. 😄
I love bedding so much. I would have a new set for every week of the year if I could.

I've ignored the urge so far. The problem is with my Orla addiction, as it's quite expensive, I can't justify it really. I'm just going for a little look at it on the JL site ;)

·
Yoshi Tonks! :-)
6,438 Posts
@huckybuck that’s exciting, glad Dee is delighting you, if she can post your letters then Ill have her do my ironing ha!

I will have a look and see if it mentions unlevel flooring. It’s time I had a new hoover and mop So why not both!
Watch this space ;)
We don't have the same robo vac as @huckybuck but do have one (Eufy). We don't have slate floors but we do have incredibly uneven floors in places. Our little vac has never struggled over any of the floors and jumps up between most rugs, the floor and various obstacles with ease. Only thing he cant manage is a thick rug in one room, but thats because of the style of rug I think because it's a flipping pain to hoover by hand too - can barely push a vacuum through it :D

@huckybuck - what's the mopping function like on your one? I'm thinking abut getting a second vac and a mopping one might be handy!

·
Cat Chat Friend
20,573 Posts
We don't have the same robo vac as @huckybuck but do have one (Eufy). We don't have slate floors but we do have incredibly uneven floors in places. Our little vac has never struggled over any of the floors and jumps up between most rugs, the floor and various obstacles with ease. Only thing he cant manage is a thick rug in one room, but thats because of the style of rug I think because it's a flipping pain to hoover by hand too - can barely push a vacuum through it :D

@huckybuck - what's the mopping function like on your one? I'm thinking abut getting a second vac and a mopping one might be handy!
I think the eufy or the ecovac would cope ok with uneven floors as well.

@Psygon I am pretty impressed with the mopping function - it’s basically a pad which gets dampened at the back of the machine - so the robot goes forward and vacuums followed by a wet wipe in effect. It came with a normal mop and an oscillating mop addition (which I used today). It was a large area it had to cope with downstairs and there was still a bit of water left in the tank at the end after 70 mins. I did wonder if I’d have to refill it at any point. I’ll try and get a video to show you over the weekend. It doesn’t soak the floor but for a freshen up it’s great.

I think it’s a bit like using one of those flash wet wipe type mops.

I do also own a Tineco floor one s3 and omg it’s the best. It’s more of a cordless Dyson (not a robot) but has a water tank and wet roller that works alongside the vacuum. You have to do the walking around yourself but can adjust the amount of water you use if you want to make it wetter etc. This one gives a deeper clean (it also cleans itself at the end - genius) and it picks up everything (inc wood pellet cat litter) but sadly it’s not a robot!

9301 - 9320 of 9356 Posts