UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

9281 - 9300 of 9356 Posts

·
Cat Chat Friend
20,573 Posts
Driving me utterly nuts!
Can’t see where I’d last looked at threads so just having to jump to the end.

Hate that its all mixed up.
I am OCD and need a bit of order when it comes to my threads lol!

I don’t need recommended reading - justneed the threads that were most popular the last time I looked in Cat Chat only!

·
Obedient Cat Slave
5,348 Posts
Tickle tummy anyone:giggle:
After a year she finally lets me tickle her tummy but only if she's on my bed ! She jumps up there and performs rolly-pollys as an invitation. If I try to attempt a tickle without an invitation then I get a sharp nip to say "not now" :rolleyes:

·
The House of Morningstar, Lucifer Morningstar
6,429 Posts
Driving me utterly nuts!
Can’t see where I’d last looked at threads so just having to jump to the end.

Hate that its all mixed up.
I am OCD and need a bit of order when it comes to my threads lol!

I don’t need recommended reading - justneed the threads that were most popular the last time I looked in Cat Chat only!
Polish language just have a few new profanities, invented after reciting a full list odf the usual ones. Hate changes!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Posted this in the feedback thread, but I'll post it here, as well. If anyone uses (or can install) the uBlock Origin and Stylus extensions, it can make the site a lot more tolerable to the eyes on PC. This is what it now looks like for me, after spending all morning and afternoon playing around with the CSS. (If anyone wants the code for this, to use or to play around with, just let me know. Though, there will be some elements with white backgrounds, since I have them blocked and so didn't change their style.)
Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Technology
Rectangle Font Screenshot Software Parallel
Product Font Rectangle Screenshot Line

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
With you @huckybuck the layout doesn’t work for me either. Plus is it me but everything seems so small apart from the adverts. :rolleyes:

I dont get why the cat chat stickies are so close to our threads, there’s no real definition on the two, very difficult for newbies. The stickers should be a different colour.

I dont see the point of the below Recommended reading either….We have finished them and thats why they are in the past. If its a regular daily thread like Photos, Trvia, good morning thread it keeps moving.

No I really dont like it and just from one day I have noticed people aren’t posting as regularly on it.

Bring back the bigger older, softer version I say

·
Cat Chat Friend
20,573 Posts
I can’t cope with how small the font is.

I have my iPhone on the biggest font possible lol (and brightness) but it’s tiny. People are talking about being able to change it but I just can’t see how on this site while using the phone.

I’ve added the photos to show what I am up against.

This is the how the forum looks on my iPhone

Font Material property Screenshot Communication Device Technology

And this is how an email looks

Font Number Screenshot Circle Electric blue

I’m also struggling with stuff jumping around while typing (is that just me?)

·
Registered
680 Posts
I can’t cope with how small the font is.

I have my iPhone on the biggest font possible lol (and brightness) but it’s tiny. People are talking about being able to change it but I just can’t see how on this site while using the phone.

I’ve added the photos to show what I am up against.

This is the how the forum looks on my iPhone

View attachment 573445
And this is how an email looks

View attachment 573446

I’m also struggling with stuff jumping around while typing (is that just me?)
Hucky, click in the address bar then press the larger A on the right until the font is the desired size. It goes up fine in my iPhone

Font Screenshot Rectangle Parallel Technology

·
Cat Chat Friend
20,573 Posts
Thank you for trying to help me Tony 😘
I don’t know if I’m being thick but I don’t seem to have the little or big aA in the address bar. I can’t seem to get a drop down menu eitherI’ve got the padlock but nothing to the side of that…would it be better to use safari as the browser and download ad block for that do you think? This is still chrome.

If you can follow these photos you are a genius 😂

Communication Device Font Screenshot Portable communications device Gadget

·
Cat Chat Friend
20,573 Posts
@Tony Gussin I’ve somehow got there in a roundabout way thanks to you and Mr F

Managed to get safari, got ad block enabled it for safari (couldn’t seem to do it for chrome) and it works!!!

Also once in safari I could see the font option so made it bigger hurrah!
Thanks for your patience!

·
Registered
680 Posts
@Tony Gussin I’ve somehow got there in a roundabout way thanks to you and Mr F

Managed to get safari, got ad block enabled it for safari (couldn’t seem to do it for chrome) and it works!!!

Also once in safari I could see the font option so made it bigger hurrah!
Thanks for your patience!
Hurrah! Did you say on iPhone?

Oh, I’ve always just left Safari as the default on the iPhone, never bothered with Chrome.

Or am I getting people mixed up now lol

·
aka BNC
1,921 Posts
My advice is always to use the browser that is made by the manufacturer of your device. So Safari for Apple, Chrome for Android, Edge for Microsoft. Its the best way not to have any incompatibility and be kept up to date with patches.

·
Cat Chat Friend
20,573 Posts
Thank you for all the advice!
It is an iPhone and I’d got rid of safari and replaced with google chrome - not sure why I did but think I was told it was better. But will def take on board use what came with it in future!!!

I also use it on my Mac so guess I need to go back to Safari there too?

·
Yoshi Tonks! :-)
6,438 Posts
It is an iPhone and I’d got rid of safari and replaced with google chrome - not sure why I did but think I was told it was better. But will def take on board use what came with it in future!!!

Total geeky thing incoming, but Chrome on iOS is basically just Safari with a skin/template on top to make it look like Chrome. It does import your settings (if you save those) but basically you are just using Safari. So anyone who says it is better probably doesn't know that. Theoretically it probably makes no difference which one you use! I don't have an iPhone, but I do have an iPad and I do use Chrome on it, but as my phone is Android it means stuff can sync/share between the two - and that's the only reason I use Chrome on my iPad.

It's different on a laptop or desktop where Chrome and Safari are actually fully different products.

·
Yoshi Tonks! :-)
6,438 Posts

I think that Safari is better optimised on a Mac than Chrome is, and I believe Safari spies on you less than Chrome does. So if you don't need the whole syncing between devices - and you are fully in the Mac ecosystem then Safari kind of makes most sense.

9281 - 9300 of 9356 Posts