Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat Chat Secret Santa sign up 2020

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by ewelsh, Sep 14, 2020 at 1:28 PM.

1. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

IMG_1389.JPG

Roll up roll up - Cat Chat Secret Santa Sign Up 2020 is here!!!

The Rules- Please read carefully as we have made some changes
    1. We welcome ALL our members old and new, however, you MUST have a minimum of 50 posts in the CAT CHAT to join AND be relatively ACTIVE i.e. post at least once a week please. It's just NOT fair if you show your face ONLY to play CCSS once a year, also we don’t know you very well.
    2. Only ONE parcel per household regardless of number of cats, there are NO limits to the number of presents in the parcel.
    3. The minimum spend is £10 per parcel, maximum spend £40, not including postage. We have capped this to make things fair for all concerned.
    4. Note - Handmade and crafted items are positively encouraged BUT again all gifts must total between £10- £40
    5. Gifts for slaves are NO longer included, this allows more pennies for your kitties.
    6. All presents inside the parcel must be wrapped.
    7. Enclose a CLUE in each parcel to help with identifying who your Secret Santa is. Be as creative as you like, crosswords, cryptic clues, photo clues, drawings etc…
    8. You must include a JOKE! YES we said a joke, like the Christmas cracker jokes, cat jokes are perfect, but not mandatory. Jokes to be shared with the forum, something to get the tummy chuckling....ho ho ho!
    9. Please do try and make each deadline, these are set for a reason.
    10. All official Cat Chat Secret Santa threads will be started by @ewelsh or @Charity
    11. Above all, have fun and enjoy!
    Procedure

Stage 1:

Email – 2020CatChatSS@gmail.com
    Details required:
    • PF username
    • Name/s of your cat(s)
    • Postal address
    • Telephone number - reason being a lot of people send by courier and they require a phone number
    NOTE: Comments on the thread won't be counted as sign up – please do as above.
    Your details will only be seen by Santa and Chief Elf and all information will be permanently deleted, burnt, never ever shared….

Stage 2: CHARITY DONATION
    • Each year we raise money for a cat charity and we use Secret Santa to raise the funds. Its mandatory for a £1 donation and is required PER PLAYER. (The cat charity will be selected via a poll in January 2021).
    • How to donate – Using PAYPAL, donate a £1. Please use 2020CatChatSS@gmail.com address and include your PF username so we know who is donating. Alternatively, if you do not use PayPal, please PM @ewelsh where you can post the £1 to her address.
    Stage 3: LIKES AND DISLIKES
    • As part of sign up you MUST post on the Likes and Dislikes thread by 24th September – 8th October and add a photo of your cat(s).
    • Note - If you require any further information on your recipient’s cat(s) e.g, favourite treats, alternative toys etc… please PM @ewelsh or @Charity who will find out for you.
    Stage 4: SHOPPING AND POSTING
    • Once you have purchased, wrapped presents, added clues and a joke, you must ensure you post your parcels by the deadline 21st November.
    • Note– Please be careful, do NOT leave your name or address in or on the parcel, this has happened in the past, totally defeating the objective of SECRET SANTA. When completing courier information online, please try and leave senders details blank as this can sometimes be on the address label.
    Stage 5: PARCEL OPENING THREAD
    • There will be a thread for you to post photos after you have opened your kitties' parcel. This is highly encouraged and MANDATORY, so your sender and the rest of us can enjoy your cats enjoying their presents.

Key dates for Cat Chat Secret Santa 2020

1. Participants sign up Thread - Today – 24th September

2. Likes & Dislikes Thread - 24th September – 8th October

3. Secret Santa pairing – 10th – 12th October
    Check your email - You will be sent an email letting you know who your recipient will be, If you haven’t heard from us by 13th October then please let us know asap.

4. Shopping and wrapping - 13th October – 21st November

5. Sending your parcel – 21st November
    Please email the Cat Chat 2020 email address (2020CatChatSS@gmail.com) to let us know you have SENT your parcel. (Do not comment on any threads otherwise you give the game away). We have smarty pants detectives with clever algorithms, who work out who posted what and when!

6. Parcel received Thread – A parcel received thread will be started as soon as we hear the first parcel has been sent out, please post as soon as you receive a parcel.

7. The Opening Thread – Christmas eve 31st December

Other information

• No shaking, sniffing, peaking in the box or parcel you naughty people.
    COVID-19- Due to the pandemic, we want to keep all our members and kitties safe and worry free.
    ALL parcels MUST be sent out by Saturday 21stNovember (this is earlier than normal but only by 1 week).
    This allows the parcel to be left untouched for a safe period, offering peace of mind to the recipient.

Disclaimer - The information in this document and any attached files is strictly private and confidential and the sole property of Cat Chat. It is intended solely for and should be read only by crazy cat women or men, i.e the individual(s) or organisation(s) to whom or which it is addressed. If you are not a crazy cat person or a fur baby slave, notify Santa immediately and destroy all copies of the email and associated files in your possession; you are not authorised to and must not disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message or any part of it. It may contain information that is offensive to sane people and or dog owners (or other rules or laws with similar effect in jurisdictions outside of England, Wales, Scotland, Middle Earth and the North Pole).or Santa’s Elf will come down your chimney and blow soot all over your front room and leave a lump of coal.

#1 ewelsh, Sep 14, 2020 at 1:28 PM
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2020 at 1:49 PM
  2. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

Secret Santa Participants:

Charity - Bunty and Toppy
    Ewelsh - Libby and Lottie
    emmasian - Raffa, Freya and Teddy aka (The Pumpkin Pussycat Posse)
    Willow-Warren - Lola and Andre (pending level of naughtiness)
    lymorelynn - Coco and Lolita
    Tawny75 - Severus and Lily

#2 ewelsh, Sep 14, 2020 at 3:14 PM
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2020 at 12:43 PM
    Emmasian likes this.
  3. Willow_Warren

Willow_Warren PetForums VIP

Thanks for organising.

I think the budget is a good idea although it means I’m going to have to plan much better & savvier (and with the aid of a spread sheet).

my handmade items previously have been up cycling or using materials from my stash so I’m going to have to be a bit arbitrary on what these cost if that’s ok (I’m just saying as others may have the same query)

hope ok posting in this thread?

Psygon and ewelsh like this.
  4. Psygon

Psygon Yoshi Tonks! :-)

I did wonder that about handmade as well - not sure how to actually cost anything handmade. Tho agree the budget is a good idea.

Did wonder around 1 parcel per household if I can specify which cat it might be for. I mean, Waffles might not have made it on to Santa's list this year :eek: :Hilarious

Emmasian, Cully, SbanR and 3 others like this.
  5. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

Good point @Willow-Warren I hope everyone will agree that we leave the cost of any home made items, up to the discretion of the individual sending!

This was a very fast ball and learning curve for Ollie Elf and Santa Stanley, so bare with us. :D

lymorelynn and Willow_Warren like this.
  6. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

Bunty says she will give Waffles a good reference :D

Cully, ewelsh and Psygon like this.
  7. Willow_Warren

Willow_Warren PetForums VIP

Yes... after Saturday Andre is on the naughty list... we’ll have to wait and see what happens between now and the 24th September :eek:

Charity, Psygon and ewelsh like this.
  8. Mrs Funkin

Mrs Funkin Human mother to Oscar

Hehe, Santa, I like your disclaimer :)

9. Charity

Can I please remind those paying via Paypal to remember to press the Friends and Family button to make it free or you will be charged a fee which comes off your donation. :)

ewelsh and lymorelynn like this.
  10. Tawny75

Tawny75 PetForums VIP

Yay, I love SS xxxx I am signing up as we speak x

11. Charity

ROLL UP..ROLL UP......or rather SIGN UP, SIGN UP

.Now come on folks, you've been eagerly waiting 11 months for this so get signing. You only have EIGHT days to get your name on this list

And all you kitties out there, remember, I do not want to see Santa's Naughty List looking like this

Santa's naughty list.gif

Cully, ChaosCat, ewelsh and 3 others like this.
  12. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

The girls have signed up but Lolita needs to watch her step or she'll be on the naughty list :Hilarious

chillminx, Cully, LinznMilly and 3 others like this.
  13. Spirited_Violet

Spirited_Violet PetForums Newbie

awee this is so cute! I'll have to try and get to the post count limit for next year so Freya can join in.

ewelsh and Charity like this.
  14. Charity

secret santa3.jpg
    CLOCK'S TICKING .......SIX DAYS LEFT TO SIGN UP

Cully and ewelsh like this.
  15. Jojomomo

Jojomomo PetForums Junior

I'm keen, Thorin just needs to watch his naughtiness too! Listening to music on shuffle and a Christmas song just came on, it's obviously a sign!

Tawny75 and ewelsh like this.
  16. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

Awwwww Ollie the Elf aka @Charity looks like @Jojomomo is about to give in to temptation - do it for the kids @Jojomomo you know you want to see their little faces delighted over Christmas :Smuggrin It is great fun.

Actually where is everyone! Does Santa have to put you all on my naughty bad slave list :rolleyes: I will start naming and shaming if you don’t sign up :Smuggrin

As time is against us, I have been forced to do so! :Watching

In no particular order!

@Psygon
    @Ali71
    @LeArthur
    @TriTri
    @oliviarussian
    @buffie
    @ebonycat
    @cheekyscrip
    @huckybuck
    @MissyfromMice
    @Trixie1
    @Bertie'sMum
    @Jaf
    @urbantigers
    @Bethanjane22
    @Orla
    @Mrs Funkin
    @ChaosCat
    @Arny
    @Treaclesmum
    @SbanR
    @chillminx
    @Summercat
    @Cully
    @MilleD
    @slartibartfast
    @Citruspips
    @SusieRainbow
    @vivien
    @Shrike
    @QOTN
    @Forester

I will continue with more names later, need to stop my dogs killing a bouquet of Pheasants :Yawn

#16 ewelsh, Sep 18, 2020 at 11:21 AM
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2020 at 11:30 AM
    chillminx and Trixie1 like this.
  17. Mrs Funkin

Mrs Funkin Human mother to Oscar

Could I just send random gifts to people? We don’t need anything but I like a bit of Christmas fun :)

I’m sure I probably can’t but just asking, so I can join in.

ewelsh likes this.
  18. Trixie1

Trixie1 PetForums VIP

Hallo Santa & Ollie @Charity I’d love to join in this years Secret Santa but will be away with work ( Covid permitting of course) but will be watching from afar! :Watching PS hope you managed to rescue your bouquet of pheasants!! :) x

ewelsh likes this.
  19. ChaosCat

ChaosCat PetForums VIP

I will drop out this year, too, for the same reasons as @Mrs Funkin - we have all we need in toys and beds and other cat things.
    and I really have no idea what to ask for Mojo and Annie.

I will follow the Secret Santa closely and hope all the participating cats are well behaved and keep off the black list.

ewelsh likes this.
  20. Cully

Cully PetForums VIP

@ewelsh ,@Charity ,Oops, should have said earlier, but I wont be able to join in SS although I am looking forward to following what everyone is doing and hope I'm forgiven.:Sorry

ewelsh and Charity like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice