Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Cat Chat Secret Santa 2018 Parcels Received Thread

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by huckybuck, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Tawny75

Tawny75 PetForums Member

Excuse me, I would just to announce that I have my parcel! Secret Santa#]7!Q~frrd.jpg

2. Clairabella

Clairabella PetForums VIP

I’m not even jealous honestly :D

Oh my god I can’t wait to send mine and obvs receive ours too :) I wonder if a truck would be needed for transporting mine to me :D lol.

Cross my heart I’m only joking @LJC675 :cool: I would be happy with a matchstick box. I swear lol xx

3. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

Love the box @Tawny75 , a box, a box, if only a box :Shy

huckybuck and Clairabella like this.
  4. Tigermoon

Tigermoon PetForums VIP

Pish Tush peeps! Only 25 days until last posting day and only 47 days until opening day!!! Skates on :p;)

5. Smuge

Smuge PetForums VIP

It's ok, you can send me my enormous gift tomorrow!

#25 Smuge, Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 1:11 AM
    ewelsh, Clairabella and huckybuck like this.
  6. huckybuck

huckybuck Feline Forum Fashionista

Congratulations to the first parcel received safely woo hoo!! Tick one!!!

ewelsh, Clairabella and Tigermoon like this.
  7. huckybuck

Well I am utterly gobsmacked.
    We had a very special MASSIVE delivery arrive this morning!!!
    I don’t think I have ever seen anything like it!! Not one but TWO HUGE beautifully decorated boxes for the HBs!!!

They were closely inspected and immediately claimed (though there have been some fisty cuffs over who was getting what!!!).

Whoever our SS is has hand decorated the boxes with super safe decorations - fabulous tissue pom poms, pretty paper holly leaves and cute pipecleaner kitties!!

I will let the photos speak for themselves but just want to say a GREAT BIG THANKYOU for our truly amazing parcels - they are proving such fun already I think I am going to have to hide them until slightly nearer the time or they will be descimated by Christmas lol!!

Emmasian, Tigermoon, Dumpling and 4 others like this.
  8. huckybuck

9. huckybuck

10. Jannor

Jannor PetForums VIP

Wow - gorgeous wrapping!

11. huckybuck

9CEF3B84-BC8A-4611-A702-3D534E0710B7.jpeg 20C4B509-2B90-4124-BE9A-54AE9DB5F8B4.jpeg

Gracie says she’s very sorry for pulling off a Pom Pom but she thinks if she looks cute wearing it you might just forgive her!!!

12. Jannor

Jannor PetForums VIP

oh Gracie ... I bet that one was made specially for you

Tawny75, Clairabella and huckybuck like this.
  13. Mrs Funkin

Mrs Funkin Human mother to Oscar

Wowsers! That's amazing, what a lucky bunch of Huckybucks you are :)

Tawny75 and huckybuck like this.
  14. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

Amazing wrapping! Such craft skill plus a lot of work has gone into that! Definitely rule me out :Hilarious

How exciting!

I just love the photo of Gracie, she does actually suit the Pom Pom :D

Beautiful home too @huckybuck very tidy!

:oops:Off to dust now

Tawny75, KCTT, Matrod and 5 others like this.
  15. Dumpling

Dumpling PetForums VIP

How exciting!! What amazing wrapping, I love Gracie's pom pom hat!

I got excited when the postman arrived with a parcel today, but it was something for my husband!! :Arghh

ewelsh, Cully, Tawny75 and 2 others like this.
  16. Cully

Cully PetForums VIP

I feel sorry for our postmen. They are going to be greeted with huge expectant smiles :D, then sad disappointment :(when it's not THE parcel. I hope they don't take it personally!

17. urbantigers

urbantigers PetForums VIP

WHAT?!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!! It's only August isn't it? Isn't it? If it's not, I've lost 3 months of my life.

But seriously, it's still November isn't it? Quite early November? And last posting date is still December isn't it?

Please, pretty please, if my secret Santa is not one of those who have posted, can you not post it yet? I am just coming to the end of major building work, I've lost a hall cupboard and I'm still in turmoil. I've still got dust sheets over stuff. There is clutter everywhere and I just can't cope with a delivery just yet.

I just don't know how we've got to November without me noticing. Since early September my world has been full of building work, dealing with workmen and general chaos, sick cats, vet trips and lots of work as we are very short staffed so I am having to do overtime just to keep my head above water. I'm working in the corner of my bedroom surrounded by cat carriers and litter trays. It's almost done now and things are slowly returning to normal. When I leave the house it's to go to Tesco et al (usually at rush hour - which is now dark - as that's when workmen have left), to B&Q, to the vets or to work. I go nowhere for pleasure and nearly had a panic attack passing through the bathroom stuff at John Lewis recently. So tired of looking at bathroom stuff. So stressed trying to get everything while I have workmen to put things up for me. I've not even been aware of the weather.

Yet here we are. I finally have 2 weeks off work. Manager not too happy but knows I have to take my leave and was always waiting for work to be finished before I took it. I didn't know over the summer that my colleague would choose to retire in Ocotber. So finally, head above water and I may actually get on with some SS shopping. When I've slept for a few days and reassured the boys that there will be no more workmen until the end of the week (if they want to come earlier for anything I will suddenly find I am very busy and cannot allow access ;) )

ewelsh and huckybuck like this.
  18. Dumpling

Dumpling PetForums VIP

That sounds ever so stressful! When is the work due to be completed?

I hope you have a nice, calm couple of weeks off work and enjoy a bit of workman free time for a few days!

Whompingwillow and huckybuck like this.
  19. Mrs Funkin

Mrs Funkin Human mother to Oscar

Here’s to a calm couple of weeks off. What a torrid time you’ve had, perhaps an Elf can mention to your SS in case they don’t see this message from you?

20. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

I've received a very jolly looking parcel :Cat:Cat:Cat. Even the post lady commented on it. :) I have been reliably informed there is another on the way so waiting with great anticipation. Thank you very much to my SS. Itching to open the box now I've got it.

IMG_6702.JPG

pizap (2).jpg

#40 Charity, Nov 12, 2018 at 1:06 PM
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018 at 2:07 PM
    huckybuck, Cully, idris and 12 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice