Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat carriers: Please help!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by AnimalFriendly, May 27, 2010.

1. AnimalFriendly

AnimalFriendly PetForums Newbie

Hi there cat lovers!

I recently bought a cat carrier from Argos so I could take my cat to the vets for his injections and to be neutered. However,my cat is very nervous. He fights me off even if I try cutting his claws. I tried putting him in the carrier but he just broke out of it. It was a two piece carrier with a front opening which had to be fastened tight with 4 key turns. There was no time to do it before he forced his way out!

Could anyone advise me as to the best cat carrier to buy for a cat who doesn't want to be in one at any time? I am thinking about a carrier with a big opening at the top and one that can be closed in an instant. Anything that takes more than a second to close won't get the job done! The name of the carrier(preferably a link)would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

3. GreyHare

GreyHare Guest

I have one of these and it has a top opening, I tend to leave it somewhere in the house (under the dining room table) so it's not unfamiliar and mine even get in it and sleep.

I also give it a spray of feliway before I take them to the vets, the other thing which is a vet trick is to wrap the cat in a towel then pop it in the carrier, so it can't scratch you and it wriggling out of the towel gives you time to shut the door.

4. Sorcha

Sorcha PetForums Senior

I would also recommend the Catit Design Cabrio.
    It's so much easier to put a cat in, since the top can open completely.

5. AnimalFriendly

AnimalFriendly PetForums Newbie

Thanks for your comments. You have been most helpful. I will look at the links provided. Thanks once again.

6. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

The other sort are better sometimes if you lower the cat in when the carrier is stood with the door facing up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice