Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat carrier

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by AnnC, May 4, 2014.

1. AnnC

AnnC PetForums Member

Is there such a thing as a wheeled cat carrier? I have been trying to search around for a new carrier as the large one I have at present is too cumbersome and both cats sit at one end making it very heavy and difficult to carry. This previously has not been too much of an issue other than getting through the doors to the vets but now the vets have rearranged the access to their doors meaning I have quite a long walk with this unbalanced cat carrier which is very hard work and uncomfortable for me.

I don't want to go down the line of separate carriers for a variety of reasons so need to find something that is more suitable.
    What I've got at present is a large wire front opening basket. I've looked and tried the square and found this more cumbersome than the front opening.
    I'd love one thats a little trolley I could pull along but having scoured the net I haven't come across anything like it.

2. GingerNinja

GingerNinja PetForums VIP

Yes, they have them on various websites (zooplus, petplanet and more) but I'm not sure if any are big enough for two cats.

3. CoCoTrio

CoCoTrio PetForums VIP

These buggy designs look nice! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

They won't be. Try looking at dog carriers. Sarahecp will hopefully be along as she had a really big one for Roman her MC which would probably house two cats easily.

Alternatively, have a look at pet strollers which are definitely big enough for two, and much nicer to wheel.

5. ALR

ALR PetForums VIP

6. AnnC

AnnC PetForums Member

NICE!!! :shocked::frown2: If I wanted to go around with a baby buggy I'd steal a few kids to put in it. :mad2: My animals are just that animals, not surrogate children.
    I like the look of the nylon cat carrier but am a bit concerned about A. how well would it wear? B. How safe are they? If Apollo my Tonk escaped in a strange area he would totally freak and do something utterly stupid like run across the busy main road outside the vets.

Has anyone had one of these nylon carriers for any length of time?

7. bluecordelia

bluecordelia Footy

The nylon netting on one i borrowed broke after a good going at on a quick journey ...it did get a good clawing though

8. Satori

Satori One of Life's Winners.

Oh you are a real sweety aren't you:thumbdown:

9. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

Wheels are great until you come to stairs. Two carriers might be easier, one in each hand.

10. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

Wow, well, nice to know my help is appreciated and I'm now view as a nutcase with children problems.

Guess what? My animals are not my surrogate children either, but I can't carry heavy carriers with lots of cats, so I put them on a set of wheels and push them. Does that mean they're my children? Um, no!

If you'd bothered to keep looking before jumping to conclusions, you'd have discovered that yes, there are some strollers that look like baby buggies, but there are also those that are just carriers on pram wheels and look nothing like a baby buggy.

But hey, go ahead and do whatever.

Oh, you're welcome for the suggestion of a big dog carrier on wheels for your cats, but I notice you didn't pick up on that bit of the help.

Right, now that I'm less angry...

11. MinkyMadam

MinkyMadam PetForums VIP

12. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

If I wanted to move a cat or two and couldn't drive, these things would be ideal since I can't lift anything at all. I have enough trouble just picking up the cat to move her without the carrier as well. I am just pointing out that using something on wheels does not mean you are desperate for children and who on earth would want to steal screaming snotty-nosed kids anyway?

Please keep it civil.

KoolK likes this.
  13. CoCoTrio

CoCoTrio PetForums VIP

Ann, there's a reason why buggies look like that - it's the optimal design for transporting small beings on pavement. If the big wheels and high-ride design is optimal for keeping babies safe and isolating them from road vibration then it'll obviously be best for dogs and cats too. If the standard one is too small for your two cats I thought the double-buggy design might interest you.

I searched out and posted up those two photos of the buggy-style pet strollers just because I thought it might help you, but you don't have to like them. Just be polite. ;)

14. oliviarussian

oliviarussian Meeoow!

This thread has made me really angry.... OP asks for advice, people spend their time and knowledge giving it and get slagged off in the process cos OP doesn't like their style and makes assumptions about their relationships with their cats! ...... Not nice, Not Polite and Not bloody called for!!!!! :cursing:

KoolK likes this.
  15. CoCoTrio

CoCoTrio PetForums VIP

It's a useful thread though. :) I imagined a cat carrier with wheels being like a pull-along suitcase, but of course that'd have the cat on a weird angle so obviously it'd need 3 or 4 wheels to keep the carrier horizontal, but tiny little wheels would make pulling along over the pavement really noisy and rattly and probably distressing for the cat, wouldn't it? It'd be tricky with even low kerbs too. Hence I suppose the 'baby buggy' stroller style, with good ground clearance and big wheels for comfort. I agree that they look a bit funny, but it wouldn't bother me. If I had to take two cats any kind of distance to the vet's on foot I'd definitely consider a stroller. Cats going walkabout on leashes look funny too, to some people. :p

16. RobbieC

RobbieC Guest

I've got something very similar by a different company. It's quite neat insofar as you can wear as a rucksack or wheel it along as a "shopping trolley". I've only used it around the house, but my cat wasn't keen. He certainly preferred being on my back than wheeled.

I've not had to use it outside as I've travelled by car to the vet the past couple of times and we used the regular cat carrier.

CoCoTrio: I do like the idea of the buggies, but I think I'd be very self-conscious pushing it around! :)

17. CoCoTrio

CoCoTrio PetForums VIP

I wonder if I'd feel more or less self-conscious with something like this:

[​IMG]

A bit less 'baby buggy', but just as OTT. :D

KoolK likes this.
  18. Jellypi3

Jellypi3 Slave to the devil cats

I dont see anything wrong with those pet strollers :confused:

I agree when people dress their pets up and take them out, treating like babies it's a little odd to see, but at the end of the day it's their decision and some people do like to treat their pets at children - no harm done in it.

What people were suggesting was a method of transport using a pet stroller! OTT response from an OP with attitude...

Incidentally, I think a carrier with swivel wheels would actually be a good idea, almost like a luggage trolley. Now who wants to get inventing!

19. Jellypi3

Jellypi3 Slave to the devil cats

20. Steverags

Steverags International Man of Mystery

Our buggies :D

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice