Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat carrier with seat belt attachment?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Kitten hearts, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Kitten hearts

Kitten hearts PetForums Newbie

Anyone know of a good quality durable carrier that is compatible with seat belts for car travel

2. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

If you get a wire top-opening carrier you can thread the seat belt through the handle.

chillminx and Kitten hearts like this.
  3. Soozi

Soozi PetForums VIP

I put the carrier sideways on the back seat and the belt goes around it fine. Do you have an extra large carrier? Maybe you can get an extension strap for your exisisting belt.

chillminx likes this.
  4. KCTT

KCTT PetForums VIP

I am looking for a new carrier at the minute and I am going to go for the wire one as that looks the most secure for the cat. I like @Soozi put them side ways and place the seatbelt round them.

I did notice this one that specifies it can be secured by seat belts. Although the price and some of reviews compared to wire one put me off opting for this one.

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/cream-rattan-cat-carrier--(online-only)

Soozi likes this.
  5. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Those curved rattan carriers are nice @KCTT but they are quite heavy even before you put a cat in. I think it would be too heavy for me to carry once I had put one of my 6.5 kg male cats inside.

KCTT and Soozi like this.
  6. bluecordelia

bluecordelia Footy

Catit cabrio can be locked and seatbelt goes through the top handle

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice