Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Cat Bloating ☹

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by CatWoman007, Feb 12, 2018.

1. CatWoman007

CatWoman007 PetForums Junior

Hi all, was wanting some advice if possible please. Over the last couple of weeks, I've noticed that my female cats belly is bald and pink, she is a rescue and has had kittens before because she has prominant teats. She is supposed to already be neutered. Ive noticed the last few days shes very bloated and lethargic, her belly is quite big and very pink. Shes a house cat, but only had her 2 months, I am going to take her to the vets, but wanted to put my mind at rest really xxx

2. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

It is possible that she was never spayed and was pregnant when she came to you. Do you think she could be pregnant? If she is she will be close to term and you should be able to feel or even see kitten movement.

3. FourthWail

FourthWail PetForums Newbie

Agreed. It sounds to me like she could be pregnant. Take her to the vet if you can, to check? If she is pregnant, I'm not an expert, but my advice is to watch where her favourite spots in the house are, and set up boxes and blankets in those spots. If you have more than one cat, you might want to set up a separate litter tray, water bowl, and food bowl for the cat in question. Move them slightly around near her usual favourite spots, and see if you can get handle on where she's happiest. If it looks like she's setting up a nest, let her do so.

ETA: At any rate, I would certainly ring your local vet, describe the symptoms carefully, and see what they say.

#3 FourthWail, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  4. CatWoman007

Thank you for your reply - It is possible, we've had her 54 days, and gestation is 64-67 days, however her tummy doesn't look big enough to be giving birth in 10 days - but I'm not an expert. I'm hoping in a strange way, she is pregnant, as I would keep the kittens, and don't want her to have something serious like a tumour :( I've only had her 2 months but love her so much. She is 9 as well so don't think she would be pregnant. I have an appointment tomorrow with the vets, so will know more then. I will keep you updated xxx

lymorelynn likes this.
  5. CatWoman007

Gorgeous cats by the way - my mum has a Chocolate Point, and used to have a Blue Point - love Siameses!

lymorelynn likes this.
  6. CatWoman007

Thank you for your response - I have an appt with the vet tomorrow so will update more then, really hope she is ok :( xxx

7. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

I hope all goes well at the vets. I think, given her age, she is unlikely to be pregnant but I hope there is nothing serious.

8. FourthWail

FourthWail PetForums Newbie

Please keep us updated!
    As far as age goes, my family once adopted a kitten at 8 weeks (I know, not good, but it was my parents' decision, I was a kid at the time, and my parents didn't know any better). My parents took her to the vet at just before 5 months to get spayed, and it was too late, she was already pregnant. Luckily, she gave birth to three healthy kittens with no stillbirths, (and was spayed as soon as it was safe afterwards). For those interested, we kept one of the kittens (the stupidest one) and gave the other two to trusted friends.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice