Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat behaviour

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Anna197, Sep 16, 2020 at 1:32 AM.

1. Anna197

Anna197 PetForums Newbie

My 2 year old cat has been acting strangely the last two days. He's been staying near the house but refusing to come in. Our kitchen is being redone so everything in there has been ripped out, meaning that everything has been moved around. There's also a lot of noise going on such as drilling, so I'm wondering if that's spooked him and maybe if that's why he's not been coming in?
    He went out at 6am this morning and didn't return until 12:40pm after midnight. I know this is normal for some cats, but it's very unusual behaviour for him.
    Would it be best to keep him in?
    Thanks

#1 Anna197, Sep 16, 2020 at 1:32 AM
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020 at 7:44 AM
  2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Hello @Anna197 and welcome :)

Yes, he sounds very spooked and upset by all the noise and disruption. If you have a quiet room where you could keep him, away from all the upheaval I would do that. Make sure no-one can get in the room apart from you or a family member.

Going out at 6 am and not returning until gone midnight is too worrying. He must have been very hungry and thirsty. The risk is he gets fed by someone else (a neighbour) and I am sure you would prefer that did not happen as it can create all kinds of problems.

if he doesn't settle indoors in his own room, while the builders are in the house , you may need to think of booking him into a cattery until the kitchen is finished.

Calvine likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice