Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat attacks woman....

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by MissG, May 9, 2010.

1. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

Please take a little look at this video..... the first 40 seconds or so are just a woman and a boy playing with a ball, a glass gets accidently smashed.... a cat comes running in and attacks her.

Can anyone explain what's happening? Why would a cat do that? There is no sound, but the video suggests the boy is crying, could this be why? Is it protecting the boy?

I never seen anything like it!

Have You Seen This Cat? Video

#1 MissG, May 9, 2010
    Last edited: May 9, 2010
  2. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

That seriously can't be play can it? The cat is looking up at her face every time it jumps on her leg.
    You know that play cats sometimes do when they attack your toes.....it's nothing like that.

3. borderer

borderer Guest

just a mad moggie:D

4. shamykebab

shamykebab PetForums VIP

What a weird video - how is it being recorded?

I remember talking to a friend who once questioned why Dogs of War were used when an angry cat is so much more lethal!

Can't explain that cat's behaviour. Maybe it was his favourite glass? What an odd scene.

5. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

I'm not sure, it looks like CCTV, possibly the woman/young girl is a nanny and the parents installed it to keep an eye on things?

6. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

I was attacked by a cat years ago, was with a friend going to visit her aunt, was night time and as we walked up the paasage to her back door this cat came out of nowhere and literally ran up my legs, was wearing a short skirt too, thought it was wet off the cats feet that I could feel till I got in the light and my legs were pouring with blood:eek: ended up going to A&E, story was tho, its was friends aunts cat and it had kittens in the house, apparentley was protecting them:(

7. Vampyria

Vampyria PetForums VIP

Watched this twice, and it seems like the cat really didn't like the woman. She didn't help matters be continually backing away from it, which made it worse.

Locke has pounced on me twice before - EXACTLY the same as how that cat in the video did. Full body tackle to the upper arm, and continues this until he is put in his place (pushing off the bed and ignoring him usually works, and being afraid just makes it worse). The difference is that Locke only does this when he gets way too overexcited. Hard to tell why the cat in the video attacked in the first place. Was she perceived as a threat or, as someone else said, a nanny and the cat was protecting the child? All in all, its very very strange!

8. Lulusmum

Lulusmum PetForums Junior

My son was attacked by a pregnant cat in my bedroom, because he was having a tantrum.

9. HoneyFern

HoneyFern PetForums VIP

Maybe it's being protective over the kid as was fixated on the woman :confused1:
    When Max was younger he used to come at people out of the blue he didn't really hurt though but got wound up even more by people laughing at him, lol, he did it in kinda the same way as the cat in the vid.

10. SallyJ

SallyJ PetForums Newbie

It possibly trod on some glass, and just lashed out - woman then not helped by adopting such a passive position in the situation. The video has been clearly edited, so it's difficult to get a real picture...

11. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

It's almost as if he saw the women as potentially harming the child, did you see that as soon as she picked up her son again the cat lunged at her?

Crazy stuff:huh:

12. groundhogdaze

groundhogdaze PetForums Member

Our cat attacks my daughter in exactly the same way - she has also attacked me and a sudden loud noise was the initial trigger. I stood up to the cat after the first attack on me and there have been no repeats but my daughter backs off and has been attacked about 4 times in a 8 month period and now the cat doesn't need a loud noise to trigger an attck.

I've tried to tell my daughter to stand up to the cat and shout at her and spray water at her but she just goes into panic mode.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice