Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat attack when trying to take him home

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Eve.w38, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Eve.w38

Eve.w38 PetForums Newbie

Hello,
    I have 5 years old cat Simba who is mainly indoor cat. Simba is only allowed outside when supervised - mainly due to the fact I cannot fully cat proof my garden. He was a bit shy outdoor in the beginning but now he knows his garden well and likes to be there. Problem is when I’m trying to call him home. He doesn’t like to be lift or carry around so soon as I put him down he attacks me - whole body jump on any available limb with bites and deep scratches. Same thing happens when I try to gently push him towards front door.
    Has anyone got experience with this kind of behaviour end managed to combat that? I cannot always trick my cat to come home and sometimes he has to be grabbed so “don’t do it” advice won’t work.
    Also what do I do when I see my cat is ready to attack me? Ignore, step back ?

thank you very much

2. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

Use a carrier - top loading wire carriers are best IMHO. Hold him firmly by his scruff with one hand with the other under his back legs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice