Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat Allergy

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Loubs56, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Loubs56

Loubs56 PetForums Newbie

Hi There
    I'm just looking for a bit of advice.

We have recently adopted 2 cats from a friend who had to get them re-homed. All 3 of my children have asthma, but as they have all been regularly exposed to pets for prolonged periods of time and never had reactions we felt/hoped that none of them would be affected. For a few weeks they have all been fine, however my littlest one has started coughing and occasionally needs her blue inhalor. There has been a cold going around which i think is most probably the cause as she is snotty.
    I'm wondering if it's an allergy to the dander would we not have expected it to have materialized before now ?????

Thanks everyone x

2. Chiantina

Chiantina PetForums VIP

I am allergic to both rabbits and horses and I can't do more than a minutes without it affecting my eyes and my breathing!

3. Loubs56

Loubs56 PetForums Newbie

Thankyou for your reply. I'm certain that is that nasty cold rather then an allergy as she has a temperature xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice