Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat aggressive after spay

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Megan Curran, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Megan Curran

Megan Curran PetForums Junior

My middle kitten Freya (5 months) went for her spay on Tuesday and ever since she is growling at my oldest kitten Loki (6 months) if he comes near her,Loki is quite a rough play fighter so I assume she's just warning him off before it even starts! She's still hiding under my bed at night aswell and won't leave my side Al day suckling on my gown! She's also walking quite slow! She has painkillers that I've been giving her! I hope she's not in pain,the vet said its normal! How long before your cats returned to normal?

Attached Files:

2. bmr10

bmr10 PetForums Member

When my cat Miri was spayed she was bouncing off the walls with energy for a few days honestly. Not sure what provoked a major increase in energy post surgery. Perhaps Freya is growling and hiding because she will understand she’s been injured and in pain but won’t understand why. She’ll also probably be defensive since she’s in pain and weaker.

3. Lunarags

Lunarags Dedicated cat slave

Shes probably just sore. Be gentle when you pick her up and give her space away from the other cats if she's not coping well xxx

4. Blacky90

Blacky90 PetForums Member

Normally mine have been back to pretty much normal the day after and have never given painkillers but even with painkillers it has to be a weird and uncomfortable feeling. Once the wound seems fine I would imagine she will get back to normal at her own pace.

5. Megan Curran

Megan Curran PetForums Junior

Thanks guys! She seems in much better form today,I think it's Al the treats and me making a fuss which she loves

6. Blacky90

Blacky90 PetForums Member

That is good. Once they have a good sleep and a fresh day ahead of them their attitude seems to change.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice