UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have contacted a lady about a kitten advertised on Gumtree. I tried Wednesday evening, a couple of times yesterday and sent a text last night and tried again this morning but no answer. Surely if you are advertising an animal for rehoming you would at least answer if you left your mobile number on the website and that is the only way to contact them. Maybe she is busy but even so how hard is it to reply to a text?!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
It may be that they have rehomed the cat, and couldn't be bothered to remove the listing or tell people that they have wasted their time phoning because the cat is gone. The selfish rudeness of people never ceases to shock me.

Lots of people beg for help to rehome, on pf, and if they find the home elsewhere, they never let us know.

·
Owned by 4 cats :)
4,206 Posts
I can't stand it when people are like that. A few months ago I was due to pick up a kitten from someone (advertised on gum tree) and after waiting just under 3 hours for her to arrive at the meeting point she suggested, we gave up and went home. The excuse she gave the following day was pathetic :mad: :angry:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh dear that is not nice. The kitten is just a few minutes drive from me according to the map.

·
Registered
12,681 Posts
It may be that they have rehomed the cat, and couldn't be bothered to remove the listing or tell people that they have wasted their time phoning because the cat is gone. The selfish rudeness of people never ceases to shock me.

Lots of people beg for help to rehome, on pf, and if they find the home elsewhere, they never let us know.
Agree 100%...and they will let you make arrangements, involve other people etc. Imagine too that the kitten has gone. It is, of course, possible to remove the ad, easily, but that would also be too much to hope for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.