Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat acting strange

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by vergo97, Aug 28, 2013.

1. vergo97

vergo97 PetForums Junior

My cat Micah has not been acting himself the past few days - he is normally at home a lot, asleep on the sofa or just generally pottering around the house but recently he is not around so much. He has always been around in the mornings, wanting to be fed and fussed but we haven't seen him yet today :confused:

When he comes back he is not that hungry, just tired and wanting a nap.

My mum thinks that someone might be feeding him, he is so friendly with everyone so that could be the case but why would someone do that?

2. denflo

denflo PetForums Senior

Unfortunately people often do feed other people's cats, usually well meaning neighbours or those who also enjoy the feline company. I had an issue ages ago with a neighbour giving Dennis milk when he popped round to see them (he was a very friendly boy who loved attention!). Den was allergic to milk so it caused a few problems. Luckily, I knew who was doing it so was able to speak with them. The only thing I can suggest is that you put a note on your cat's collar, if he wears one, asking people not to feed him.

Is your boy still behaving normally apart from that? Does he still play, purr etc? If you think he may be poorly, then the best thing would be to get him to a vet for a quick check over. Try keeping him in for a few days to see if he eats normally when you can be sure that he is not getting food elsewhere.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice