Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat’s new favourite game - how should I respond?

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by pennycat, Apr 2, 2021.

1. pennycat

pennycat PetForums Senior

Miss Cane’s new favourite game involves me lying on the floor behind something, peeking out at her from the other side of the room. Once we’ve locked eyes she will move into pounce position and dash towards me. Once she reaches me she usually just... stops, or sometimes taps me with her paw or does a sideways hop. What does she want me to do? I’m guessing run away so she can play chase but obviously I’m not fast enough (and the flat isn’t big enough).

Any way to make the game more fun for her?

(and yes, i do look ridiculous)

#1 pennycat, Apr 2, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    Babyshoes likes this.
  2. KittyNat

KittyNat PetForums Junior

I do the same with my cat, hide behind something and then peek out at her. She doesn't always appreciates me chasing her though :).
    I sometimes hide and then do a fake pounce, which she loves - she gets a wild look in her eyes and runs wildly away (don't worry - it is fun for her, not scary).
    My other cat is a bit of a worrier, so I don't do it with her, I don't think she would ever forgive me.

3. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Meeko loves to do this sort of thing too,I have found that instead of getting him to focus on me I use a lure on the end of a wand or a favourite toy held in my hand and wiggled to attract him .If he is in the mood he will lock on to it with his eyes and will eventually drop his front ,wiggle his bum and launch himself at the toy which I then throw for him to chase before he reaches it or pull the lure along the floor for him to chase then rinse and repeat .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice