Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cars??????

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sallyanne, Jan 16, 2008.

1. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

What car do you Drive & Why?

I drive a 2.0 ltr Primera SRI,My Dad was a mechanic and always swore by Nissan with the reliabilty.It's a great car.

2. claire

claire Guest

we have a renault clio because its economical for work (im a community care worker) however thinking of gettin a bigger car as there is my partner, myself my daughters(6 weeks and 18months old both in car seats) and a 4 stone akita puppy squidge up in a tiny two door its funny really!

3. Magik

Magik Guest

I drive a 3.7 v6 Jeep Cherokee, I bought it because I live in the countryside and wanted to be like all them on emmerdale only posher!! I also have a peugeot 106 which I bought for zipping around town in as the Jepp is expensive on fuel!

4. bullbreeds

bullbreeds PetForums VIP

I drive a shogun sport estate. I need a 4x4 as I live in the sticks and I find it has plenty of room in it for us and the dogs. Its like a van when I put the seats down!

5. Magik

Magik Guest

That's my excuse for having a 4x4.. living in the sticks!! haha f*ck the environment, we live near a bit of grass!!!

6. claire

claire Guest

we had a astra till not long back was nothing but a pain in the arse my dad was a mechanic and said it must have been a one off a vauxhall are usually great cars

7. Magik

Magik Guest

my first car was a vaxhaull GTI Bertone convertible. Had it for two weeks before it was stolen and written off. Also driven a vectra when it first came out, love the pop out cup holders. My mate has the new vectra and the fly clutch??? has just gone and he's beeen quoted over a grand to fix!! ouch!!

8. claire

claire Guest

the computer went on our astra, lucky my dad could sort it, it would have cost a fortune otherwise. it had to have a new computer, ignition barrel and keys. then the immobiliser broke. then the head gasket went then we part exchanged for a clio bloody thing

9. claire

claire Guest

yeah and cos its all connected when the ecu got replace the ignition needed changing then the keys needed changing which causes problems with the
    mobiliser. the clio we got keeps sayin there is a fault with the airbags but there isnt just got to take it back to the dealer cos apparently is a fault with the comp

10. garryd

garryd Guest

i am in the motor trade and buy and sell new used 4x4s pickups ,I have a new Nissan 4x4 Navara adventura its awsome and great for dogs ! and if any of you lot are thinking of buying one drop me a line and i will try and sort you out;)

11. Magik

Magik Guest

I had a BMW in 2001 straight out of the show room. Within a month it was back with BMW as the engine kept cutting out due to a fault with the computer.

12. garryd

garryd Guest

the d40 navara is the best truck on the road trust me !
    i have had a few now but the have allso had 2 out from new my 55plate one wich i traded in for my 57 plate one and i will tell you guys i have never got sick of driving one !;)

13. garryd

garryd Guest

they only make diesels buddy ! and with 176bhp they are fast for a 4wd ! Yes they are the fastest truck out there But they are also the dearest ! My truck was nearly £28000 with the vat added on !

14. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

I dont have a car as I dont drive

15. bordercolliepup

bordercolliepup PetForums Senior

I have a Peugeot 7 seater estate need it for all my lot,

But I also have well the other half and my self have 2 mk3 cortinas , Lovely cars need to take both out if we go out as a whole family cos there isn't the room for all of us in one, But so easy to work on when they pack up no computers , no key coding , One tax exemp too even better.:)

16. jeanie

jeanie PetForums VIP

We also have a Peugeot 206 van only two of us so lots of room in back for dogs and great on diesel we had a land rover discovery but gave it my son as he has four kids & a gsd and didnt know we were going to get two dogs at the time.

17. garryd

garryd Guest

You can get a tuning box that boosts the bhp up to 205 but there not good as they can sometimes put your trucks brain in to safe mode ! Nissans warranty wouldent like it eather;)

18. garryd

garryd Guest

yeah but the navara comes with a 3yrs nissan warranty wich is interchangable ! even if you bought a 55plate one now you would still have about a ten month warranty left to run ! But like you said a lot of people put these boxes on and then when some thing goes wrong they take them off so they can go in to nissan and have the warranty work done !;)

19. garryd

garryd Guest

I am in the trade myself , we trade a lot of cars that we take in as px's against the trucks that we sell,if you ever after anything to drive up to about 3yr old we allways got cheepeys hanging about !;)

20. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

Edited :) :) :) :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice