Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Carrageenan Free Blink Wet Food coming soon.

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Mahi Mahi, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Mahi Mahi

Mahi Mahi PetForums Junior

So I contacted Blink after learning about Carrageenan in their foods and just asked if their foods have Carrageenan or not?
    The response I got was that their food does contain a small amount of Kappa Carrageenan but they say are way below levels that cause upset stomachs...

Also said its a complete food so there are certain vitamins, minerals, nutrients it has to contain. And that these are all regulated by European Pet Food Regulatory Body FEDIAF and have correct amounts to be classed as complete...

BUT

They also said they are currently working on a Carrageenan free jelly.

I don't know about you but I'm personally looking forward to them finally having a Carrageenan free food because their foods seem great except just that one thing. I thought I'd let people know.

Summercat likes this.
  2. SILVERKINGS

SILVERKINGS PetForums Junior

I buy blink on occasion for my boys, I thought it was a good food, have I missed something!

3. TriTri

TriTri Standing up for cats

I understand an Animonda Vom Feinsten food I buy has tiny amounts of it in, but I still think it’s one of the best cat foods on the market. I “presume” it depends on the quantities used?

chillminx likes this.
  4. Mahi Mahi

Mahi Mahi PetForums Junior

I think it does but better safe than sorry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice