Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Careers advice

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rebeccajackson, Mar 29, 2011.

1. rebeccajackson

rebeccajackson PetForums Member

Hi!

I have been trying to help my oh find a new job/career as he is miserable in his current job, I thought he would get over it but after 18 months of feeling like it Im thinking its the job! He has to do a lot of travelling (3-4 hours drive then a full days work and then the drive back) plus often has to stay away which I think is the main reason for him being miserable!

I was just looking for ideas of what he could do, at the moment he does wireless network installation as well as cctv. He previously worked in IT (with the same company) just general fixing and maintenace of pcs. He is really good practically - he built our kennels/run, ferret enclosure, whelping box etc as well as with electronics! The only issue is that he is very dyslexic and although you can put anything in front of him and he will fix it, he cant put that down on paper in words.

Iv found a job as a farm hand (which I know he would love) but this is not really a long term career?

All comments appreciated :001_smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice