Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Career choices

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lotlot, Nov 6, 2012.

1. lotlot

lotlot PetForums VIP

I was hoping I might be able to get some advice or reassurance regarding career choices. I am a qualified nurse and currently working long hours as a community nurse. Everyone seems to think its a 9-5 job but realistically I do 8-7 five days a week. I find it a tough job and I feel very vulnerable working alone.

I have just been offered a job in a very good nursing home, where I have been offered very good money, working three 12 hour shifts a weeks. And good prospects to work my up to management.

This job would be great for me and Finlay, as that's four whole days ill be able to spend with him.

But would I basically be finishing ruining my career by going into a nursing home. I am so torn!

2. lotlot

lotlot PetForums VIP

I must add that the reason Im asking is because everyone thinks I should be enjoying the hustle and bustle of a busy ward or the buzz of a&e at my age (22) not the slower paced option of a nursing home. I just realised how that post read!

3. tincan

tincan PetForums VIP

Your only 22 still very young , If you are unhappy where you are then you know what to do. You will not ruin your career by going to a Nursing Home . i know plenty of nurses who have made that move and much older than you , and never regretted it. For me it's about what you want from life and the quality that a carreer change can give . If this move can give you what you desire then go for it , you can always go back to the wards if things don't work out for you. Don't beat yourself up , sit back write down the pro's and cons of each job . Then make your mind up ...... :thumbup1:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice