Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Career Advice!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GoldenShadow, Jul 31, 2009.

1. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

I know I've not been about much lately, trying to sort out what I'm doing next year but am at work every day and am away from home from 10am-6pm everyday, sometimes 10pm. I will try to reappear more often though, not that I've been here long enough to be missed..yet!!

Anyway, I was wondering if I could be cheeky and ask career advice even though I've not posted so much lately??

Basically, I'm a straight A student, had bad personal issues and wont be going on to do a medical degree as it wouldn't be anywhere I would want to go and I feel I would be hindered and unable to get to where I want.

I adore horses but there isn't much money in that work, I've looked into equine physio but its such a long path to get into good money and rather risky. People have said have I thought of being a counsellor or something, but I don't know.

A huge part of me what's to do something that could make a difference to people, and be appreciated, hence why I wanted to be a pediatric surgeon. I get so bored and then I sink into a really dark miserable place, I need something to keep me thinking and that requires hard work kind of thing.

At the minute my thoughts are business degree, managing director kind of thing but I can't see myself feeling like I enjoy the job and considering how I get like, I really need to find something that would fulfil my needs in that respect.

Any brain boxes out there with ideas??

Genuinely, I am such a hard worker and a go getter, I finished school and am working every day these holidays and feel fine about it, I'm a total go getter and will work as hard as required, I just can't find anything suitable...

2. francesandjon

francesandjon PetForums VIP

Paramedic! We need everyone we can get!

3. rona

rona Guest

Would you rather be hands on or behind the scenes in some way?

4. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

In a way, both!! I think probably the majority of the time I'd rather be behind the scenes making the hands on work be a success etc, but I wouldn't say a complete no to hands on work... People have described me as bossy, but I know what I want and what needs doing, and when for, and I make sure its done well.

5. rona

rona Guest

How about something in care for the elderly, It is run by businesses now quite a lot and it's a growing business :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice