Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Car recommendations for 3 large dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Redice, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Redice

Redice PetForums Senior

Could I please have some recommendations for a car that will take 3 large gundogs?

I would like the set up to be similar to what I have now. To travel in the boot and have a dog guard and a tailgate guard.

I do very occasionally have to travel on fields or in woods so ideally would like a 4 wheel drive if I can. There needs to be enough room for the 3 dogs to lay down as they prefer to travel laying and sometimes go on longish journeys.

I can spend up to £15,000 but my other half is keen for a car with good MPG and Road Tax.

On my list so far is Mitsubushi Outlander or a Nissan X-Trail

2. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

A friend has a Nissan X-trail. She's been driving it for years, as long as I've known her - it's a 2001 and still runs well and reliable. She has 3 crates in the back for dogs.

Redice likes this.
  3. komondor_owner

komondor_owner PetForums Member

deleted

#3 komondor_owner, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    Redice likes this.
  4. Summerhaze

Summerhaze Guest

My dad is a mechanic and so I always get it in the ear about cars. I'm only listing cars that my dad would recommend due to his experience with various makes and models.

1. Land Rover Discovery
    2. Volvo XC90
    3. Ford Galaxy
    4. Volkswagen Sharan/Seat Alhambra
    5. Audi Q7
    6. BMW X3
    7. Mercedes Benz GLC
    8. Porsche Macan
    9. Mitsubishi Outlander
    10. Vauxhall Zafira
    11. Volkswagen Touran
    12. Volkswagen Touareg
    13. Range Rover Vogue
    14. Ford S-Max
    My dad used to have a Land Rover Discovery and it was a lovely car and it had lots of boot space. My dad now has a Range Rover Vogue which has a fair bit of boot space but not as much as the Land Rover.

My mum has had Ford Galaxies before and when you took out the back 2 seats, there was so much space. More than enough for 3 large dogs!
    We now have a Seat Alhambra and it is the same.
    The Ford S-Max offers a slightly smaller boot space to the Galaxy and the Alhambra but will still do the job.

Redice likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice