Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Car prang.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Biffo, May 18, 2017.

1. Biffo

Biffo PetForums Senior

Not really dog chat, but someone reversed into the rear side/boot of my car today. So happy dogs weren't with me. It was very low speed, and I've a big tank of a car so am fine. The driver was really shaken up, had to laugh thinking how much worse it would have been if I'd had the dogs in the car. Can't imagine that pair rocketing out of the boot would have calmed the situation.

Not looking forward to my other half getting home and telling him I've pranged his shiny car .

And to just round off a lovely morning I'm getting a migraine. Oh the irony, had been parked up at the Doctors, to sort out meds for my migraines. Which has given me a migraine.

Off for a big stress relieving walk. It will surely rain, it's been that kind of day.

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

It's just metal at the end of the day ;)

Glad you weren't hurt - that's the important thing :)

To be correct, you didn't prang the car, you were the "prangee"! ;)

Rott lover and Biffo like this.
  3. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Administrator
    Staff Member

Oh dear these things do shake you up , don't they ? Thinking of the 'what ifs' etc. Take some time out with your meds , feet up , cold compress on your head and give yourself a break. I'm sure you're OH will agree it's only metal and you're what's important.

Biffo likes this.
  4. Biffo

Biffo PetForums Senior

I very much like "prangee"!

Had a lovely walk, and my migraine meds are working, AND I didn't get rained on, today is looking up!

Will be taking your advice @SusieRainbow and am heading to the couch with a cup of tea.

Babyshoes likes this.
  5. Tyton

Tyton PetForums VIP

Just glad you are ok! Cars can be fixed and hopefully your OH will be kind to you, especially as it most definitely wasn't your fault.

Biffo likes this.
  6. Biffo

Biffo PetForums Senior

Thanks Tyton. First time I've ever had a bump in the car. OH was very supportive, I still feel rubbish about it all though.

Rott lover likes this.
  7. Kimmikins

Kimmikins PetForums VIP

I hope the cuppa has helped. And now it's the evening it's socially acceptable to move onto something stronger....for medicinal purposes. Obviously.

Rott lover, Burrowzig and Biffo like this.
  8. Tyton

Tyton PetForums VIP

If it makes you feel any better I took out the side of the shed in the dog van a few weeks ago. going up the driveway and for some reason turned into the shed, rather than after it. Very large bang, 2 windows and the door panel gone (and a few planks off the corner of the shed). Sam and Beau were in the van at the time, but thankfully were fine. I still don't know quite how it happened, but vans (and cars) can be fixed and that's what insurance is for. People and dogs are far more valuable and that's what is important. Hope you feel a little less shaken today :)

9. Aahlly

Aahlly PetForums VIP

Ugh. So annoying but not your fault OP. Glad you're okay.

It happens to the best of us. I would say I'm a fairly good driver but I reversed into the same wall in the university parking lot twice in one month :eek: Now sporting two impressive dents. They are badly placed low walls to be fair, and the parking spaces are at odd angles. That's my excuse anyway...

10. Biffo

Biffo PetForums Senior

Thanks for everyone's comments, feeling much better about it all today.

11. steveshanks

steveshanks PetForums VIP

When i had my golf i used to regularly pull away from a parking place then have to run back to get my fog light hole filling vents (the original owner was to tight to option up), the slighted touch on a curb made them fall out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice