UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cant understand people who buy there dogs birthday and xmas presents and say happy birthday to them or merry xmas dogs dont know its there birthday or xmas is it just for humans pleasure:confused:

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Yep I do it, and yep it is probably just for my pleasure but its also a bloody good excuse for spending unneccessarily when my oh tries to give me a hard time for spending more on the pets. Seen a lovely posh collar for Henrick when its his birthday but its £20ish and my oh would flip normally so when I say its his birthday present he cant go mad.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Yep I do it, and yep it is probably just for my pleasure but its also a bloody good excuse for spending unneccessarily when my oh tries to give me a hard time for spending more on the pets. Seen a lovely posh collar for Henrick when its his birthday but its £20ish and my oh would flip normally so when I say its his birthday present he cant go mad.
Exactly!!

A baby doesn't know its birthday.....yet people have parties and all sorts for 1yr olds!

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Not sure of Max's birthday, I know it's in the beginning of october :) Max doesn't get a prezzie at christmas, he does get a christmas dinner though, turkey and all trimmings :D don't see why he should miss out :)

·
Banned
8,756 Posts
im the same, and also if they are opening their own presents they arent trying to help the kids open theirs :lol:

they also get a christmas dinner and special dinner on their birthday :)

·
Registered
26,620 Posts
tbh, our dog used to get a christmas present just to keep her out the way! She spent long enough chweing into her pressie that we all had time to give ours out w/out tripping over her...

but you cant get teh dog something without getting the cats something... and the hamsters.... etc etc etc!

but dont do birthdays for them :p

·
Registered
12,925 Posts
People do it for babies

Dogs are better than babies

Fact:lol:

·
Registered
255 Posts
This thread amused me, it's funny.

I do buy xmas presents, just for the fun of it really, it feels cosy :)

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
thank you now i understand:thumbup:
Have we converted you bordie? Are you going to be waiting outside Pets at Home in the morning to get your doggies their birthday pressies? :lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.