Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Can't sleep!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Aug 9, 2009.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Since 11pm... I have.... tidied downstairs, sorted the washing out, cleaned the kitchen, tidied my bedroom (it was a mess! :eek: ) and I am still not tired!
    I tried to go to bed after I done my bedroom but I just lay there awake wondering what I can do next!
    I have read all the new posts on here, tried to clean Dave's teeth/mouth because he ate blue string earlier and looks like he drank from an ink well!

It's because my OH is away tonight. I cannot get to sleep at night if he is not here. After he goes to work, no problem. But I am trying to be really really tired before bed so I might fall asleep!
    I am having Dixie in the bed and taking Dave's crate up so they can sleep with me :)

What can I do to make me tired??

x

2. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

if you got facebook or if not go on mindjolt and go play mexican dominoes, it really uses your brain and it is a long game, one play of that and you will want your bed lol.

3. claire

claire Guest

we just had someone try and get in our house, they were trying the front door, cassie seen them off :)

4. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

That's awful Claire....But great that Cassie scared them off.

5. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I'm up, just had a bit of a row with the OH :(

It's amazing how easy he can sleep after an argument whilst I'm up and feeling like s*** :(

6. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Typical male im afraid. ;)

7. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Good girl Cassie - give her a tummy rub from me
    Hope it blows over- men can sleep through anything, get some rest and have a chat in the morning. - i can't sleep either :( after laying in bed for 3 hours I've given up

8. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

We'll be fine, it's just one of those daft things :rolleyes: I'm sure he'll be up bright eyed in the morning.

Aww I hate nights like that :(

9. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Well.... I finally managed to get to sleep around 3 am, after watching some episodes of Teachers.
    However I woke again at 5 and could not get back to sleep! So I tried reading a book, and watched some more things on 4OD and filnally fell back asleep around 7, only to be woken at 8 by Dave!

So I am very tired :( Got my brother's birthday party to go to... And on friday, next door said they would take me. But they have gone out so I need to try and find someone to take me now!

x

10. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

I detest sleeping problems. Just now I go to sleep around 12am wake every morning at 3.55-4.00am - wake from then until 6.00am, then back to sleep until kids wake up. It's a bloomin nightmare.

Apparently the computer can make it worse so I never ever come on-line. Not to say I am never tempted but must listen to the sleep Doctor. :rolleyes:

11. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Hmm I just googled my sleep problem and apparently if I can stay awake for a full 24 hours I may be able to stop the 4am wakening.

Thing is I am knacked atm and already craving my bed and it's only 2.00pm.

12. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I usually have some priblem getting to sleep... I will stay on here till I feel quite tired, but once I go to bed I feel wide awake! My OH falls asleep much quicker than me, I am usually tossng and turning, lying awake thinking of things until I eventually fall asleep.

I did have a spell of waking at 3 and 5 and needing to get up to pee but I stopped drinking as late as I had been and now I still wake up, but because I am not getting out of bed I can get back to sleep easier.

I can't wait until my OH is back tonight I can get a proper nights sleep! Lol!

i still have to wash and hoover the car, after spending 2 hours with crazy hyper 6 year olds at a party! Lol I think I will be tired!

x

13. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Oh this is so me!!! OH drives me mad with his instant falling asleep. I like a wee think or 1,000 before I sleep. Then again at 4am-6am.

Last night I didn't drink tea after 6.30pm but had a vimto at around 9ish and sure enough I woke up needing a pee again. Tis a PITA! :)

I could hoover the car, that's an idea. I'm bored.

14. claire

claire Guest

It was a chap who was extra drunk and thought he lived here lol, he was trying to put his key in the door, Cassie made a right show of herself, I opened the door and told him to go away (not so nicely) at which point Barney had realised what was happening and gave him an earfull, the drunk went to walk off and walked straight into the lamppost :) I was awake ages tho, had spoilt my sleep

#14 claire, Aug 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2009
  15. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

I haven't slept well since we had all the aggro last sunday night,I did sleep on Monday night but that was because we never went to bed Sunday night.

Since then I have not slept very well at all,keep waking early and tossing and turning,I have never had a problem till now :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice