Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cant have biscuit

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by srhdufe, Aug 15, 2009.

1. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

The lady i was going to get Biscuit off of has changed her mind and hen is going elsewhere..

Here's the email she just sent me:

Dear Sarah,
    I've left a message for you on your answerphone and I'm also sending you this Email.
    Unfortunately, for you I won't be needing your help of a offer of a home for Biscuit because Mary's Farm whom I originally approached as I know they do a lot of work with disabled children and visit children's hospice have now decided they wish to give Biscuit a home for life and use him for visiting children's hospice and disabled children.
    It came out of the blue late last night and they rang again this morning eager to have him. Because he's small and quiet and a baby they are hoping he will be suitable for doing visits. Either way, they have assured he will have a home for life. There are lots of other rabbits and guinea pigs, they have runs and green space. He'll have medical care if he's sick and the farm is a dedicated sanctuary for animals. He's got a guaranteed home for life.
    I am so sorry to let you down because I'm sure you were looking forward to caring for him,But thinking longterm I think this is the best thing for Biscuit.
    Thank you again for your very kind offer and I do wish you well in your rescue work. It's very much needed and what your doing is wonderful and sacrifical.
    I wish you well and I'm very sorry to disappoint you.
    With very best wishes
    Jane

2. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

You know what, the worst thing is you don't get the rabbit but look at the life he will have!!

I'm sorry you're disappointed but this rabbit has just landed a life of luxury, one which you too would have been able to offer but imagine how many children he is going to make happy.

This rabbit off to a great start in life; having the option of more than one great home. Long may his good luck and great life continue.

3. Pampered pets

Pampered pets PetForums Senior

Aww thats a shame, i hate being messed around but dont take it personal sounds like he will have a great life as a PAT bunny.

Im sure my friend will be happy for you to have hers.

4. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

I know.. I'm just a bit disappointed thats all.. :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to being a bunny mum.. :D
    I have looked into everything... I know exactly which vet i will use, how much everything will cost (neutering, jabs, microchipping etc), the ideal hutch, run etc... Now all i need are buns :D

If i cant have them, dont worry... I'm looking into rescue buns too :D

5. Pampered pets

I dont see any problems, ill speak to my friend on mon :)

6. Pampered pets

Hopefully you will have shadow and honey with you soon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

personally I dont think the type of place hes going to will be great for him, In my experience rabbits bond to a few people and tend not to like strangers, however I'm sure his care etc will be much better than many pet homes. How annoying to have your hopes up like that, I really hope u find some lovely bunnies tho

8. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

Thanks... I thought exactly the same thing..
    Imay be getting pampered pets buns...
    I may also get a pair from a rescue...
    Plus i will be fostering for the rspca soon too :D

9. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Yeh i agree, rabbits are not good for that kind of work, he will be fine now being handled because he's only a baby, wouldnt like the thought of any rabbits needing homes going to a farm like that. What a shame :(

10. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

I would have given him a home for life...
    It's a shame really but he's her rabbit and i cant tell her what to do :(

11. animallover111

Really sorry to hear about Biscuit....i always think if something happens its for a reason....im sure there are many bun's needing your help....but well done you....xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice