Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Can't find SNOWY! :( UPDATE - FOUND

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by KoolK, Sep 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KoolK

KoolK ❤️ Snowy's Mommy ❤️

I fed Snowy, as usual, yesterday before bed and the last thing I remember is that she came and slept next to me on the bed.

I wasn't woken up by her in the morning (she usually wakes me up at between 6-8am).

I thought she must downstairs so go down to get her breakfast but she didn't answer to me or run to me as she usually does :(

I put her breakfast in her bowl, she hadn't done anything in her litter tray either.

I asked all my family members who say they haven't seen her or let her out (they know she's an indoor cat).
    One of them said they heard her playing in the morning on the stairs (as she usually does) but they didn't see her after that.

I'm worried out my mind and have checked in all her hiding places, I've searched all the house, tried luring her out (if she's inside) and called for her

Normally she just comes running when she realizes I'm awake and is hungry for breakfast

I've been searching for her since about 9 AM and now she has even missed Lunch at 12 pm :(

Any ideas on what I should do next?
    I'm going to re-check the house alongside all her hiding spots and will check outside (just in case :( ). She has her collar on with all my details.

I'm worried sick :(

She's never just disappeared like this, nothing out of the ordinary has happened (same routine every day ).:(

Can't even think about doing any work without knowing where she is or if she's safe (she hasn't even eaten today!) :(

2. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

Oh goodness, is there any way she could have got out? Have your family actually gone out so she could have slipped through the door? Could anything have frightened her so she's hiding somewhere, cats won't come out if they are worried no matter how much you call? I do hope you find her soon. :(

KoolK likes this.
  3. KoolK

No that's why I'm so confused as to where she is :(
    Normally she comes running for her food :(
    Everyone was asleep and most were awake when I was looking for her.
    No one left the house or opened any doors. All doors and windows were shut. She normally does a little exploring and comes to wake me up in the morning to be fed :(

I don't think anything frightened her...
    I've checked everywhere :(

The outdoor cat was asleep downstairs in the other sitting room but she's scared of that side of the house yet..she's slowly exploring but not yet got to the whole of downstairs

She's terribly scared of going outside so don't think she went out..

I have no idea where she could be.

Thank you :)

4. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

But could she get out if she wanted to? Do you have a flap for the outdoor cat?

5. Soozi

Soozi PetForums VIP

Oh No! Surely she can’t be far away! Grill your family again are they absolutely sure they didn’t open a door? Have you looked in all the cupboards? Is she chipped? Check with neighbours first hun get them to check their gardens and sheds/garages. I can’t believe she would have ventured far! Put some dirty washing outside so she can pick up your scents. Keeping everything crossed she turns up by this afternoon. For now put at least one or two posters up in your front window. xxx

Clairabella and KoolK like this.
  6. KoolK

She could .. but all the doors were closed so don't think so...
    No we don't have a flap

7. KoolK

I will ask all of them again to make sure.
    I'll check outside again too.

Yes she is chipped.

Soozi likes this.
  8. ChaosCat

ChaosCat PetForums VIP

What a horror! Hope you find her soon.

KoolK likes this.
  9. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

If you can't find her inside in this time, it's a fair chance she's out. So the sooner you look outside the better. Sorry you're having to go through this, I know what it feels like.

Soozi and KoolK like this.
  10. KoolK

I am looking outside now too .

Hopefully I find her soon! :(

11. Trixie1

Trixie1 PetForums VIP

Oh no!! Could she have just fallen asleep in a cupboard somewhere up high, in a draw somewhere, worth looking behind washing machine fridge etc..in the garden, behind the shed, under the shed under a nearby parked car. Hope you find her soon.

KoolK likes this.
  12. Soozi

Soozi PetForums VIP

Wherever she is she’ll be hiding I’m sure.

Treaclesmum likes this.
  13. KoolK

How do I get her to come out?
    Should I just wait for her to come out...?? IF she is inside that is...

14. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

She could well be hiding in the house if she is scared of part of the house. Perhaps she had a fight with your outdoor cat which scared the wits out of her, and now she’s crouching low somewhere he can’t find her? Is the outdoor cat outside now, or still indoors? If he is indoors, I suspect she might come out of hiding once he leaves the he room or goes out. My Poppy sometimes hides for ages after a scrap.

KoolK likes this.
  15. KoolK

He went out a while ago...

He's not the kind of cat to even care for snowy :(

I've checked everywhere :(

16. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum Obedient Cat Slave

If you're reasonably certain that she can't have got out then I'd suggest leaving ALL cupboard and wardrobe doors open - and check EVERY drawer in the house even to the extent of pulling them right out in case she got in one and then down the back of the unit. Do your kitchen cupboards and drawers have solid backs in them ? or do they provide access to behind or under the units ? Do the same with sofas, armchairs and beds even spots where you can't imagine she would have gone - it's amazing just how small a space they can hide in !

I have a corner desk unit and I once found one of mine at the bottom of the corner triangular support leg ! How she got in there I've never been able to figure out and if I hadn't found her I don't think she would have been able to work out how to get out on her own (I had to pull the desk right out from the corner !).

KoolK likes this.
  17. SuboJvR

SuboJvR Joey’s Mummy

Is he neutered?

18. KoolK

Yes, they all have back units
    Will do.

19. KoolK

She's not spayed no..
    I was due to get her treated for her ecoli infection

20. SuboJvR

SuboJvR Joey’s Mummy

Sorry, I meant the other cat. He's a he right, is he neutered?

KoolK likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice