Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

cant believe this - breeder

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Blitz, May 22, 2010.

1. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I just phoned up about some jackadoodle pups. They were not expensive - £250. They had all gone but he said there was another litter that were a week old and all 'ginger' coloured. I asked about sex and he said he hadnt looked, he had left her in peace. I asked if she was in the house and he said he had kennels.
    I am horrified.

2. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

the fact they were in a kennel or the fact he didn't know the sexes of the pups? :confused:

3. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

The fact that they were in a kennel and he had never handled them a week after they had been born. His words were that 'he had left the bitch in peace'. So I assume never been in and checked them over at all. Also the second bitch whelping in a few weeks and kept in a kennel sounds puppy farming to me. And small doodles that are easy to sell.
    I suppose it is just possible that you might not feel knowing the sex is important but what about when you check for hernias etc, you would automatically look wouldnt you.

Anyway I will not be getting a pup from him!

4. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

now you word it like that, i agree. how does he even know that all the pups survived? does he even know how many pups she's had? it's disgraceful that he's left her. i'm sure i've heard breeders on here say that they don't leave their bitches for a second for the first week or so.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice