Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Can't believe how INCONSIDERATE people can be... :(

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Baby Bordie, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Me and my sister just went to the cinema, and paid about £15 for the cinema including tickets and a popcorn, and during the whole film these two girls right next to me were talking through the whole thing, messing around, throwing popcorn... I told them to stop it and do it another place, not in the middle of the cinema! They just laughed and carried on, i would have moved but it was Harry Potter and the cinema was so full, so i couldnt! :cursing::cursing::cursing:

Anyways, Rant over... :(

2. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

i think there should be people watching out for people like this its not on when you pay money to see a film and you hear people yapping on and on

3. Baby Bordie

I totally agree, Its horrible when your trying to watch a good film! :cursing:

4. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Awww sorry that you didn't get to see the film properly. x

Although i have a confession.........just the one though....I once went to the cinema not too too long ago and i had a few too many drinks :eek: and i laughed the whole way through....

Which would've been fine except it wasn't meant to be a comedy......:blushing:

x

5. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

I feel even worse now :blushing: i didn't mean too :eek: and it wasn't really that full............i promise :blushing:
    x

6. Baby Bordie

Lol, atleast you have an excuse! :D:D:D:p

7. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

In our local cinema we have a few stewards or whatever you call them that if you make too much noise they give you a warning, then if they have to come over again, you are out.
    I don't know why someone would want to pay all that money to not to watch it properly? And surely if it was that boring they should leave!

I left a film early once.... What was it... Oh the Amityville Horror. It wasn;t scary atall I found it boring. Lol

I cant wait to see the new harry potter. But it Will be in the comfort of my own home with no one to annoy me :) Lol

x

8. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I'd have punched them in the face :mad:

9. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

daddy must have paid, and they dont give 2 hoots as they have no respect for their parents or anyone else, as they will just ask for money to go and see it again, and they ask daddy for the money to get the DVD!

windes me up too!

10. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

I would of complained to a member of staff and demanded tickets to go again.

My cinema's pretty good at sorting out any trouble.

Sorry you didn't get to enjoy the film properly

11. sallybrunskill@hotmail.co

sallybrunskill@hotmail.co PetForums Junior

I hate it when people talk through films, it always happens at our cinema and most times it is teenagers trying to show off. Like you said, daddy has probably paid so they have no respect for how expensive it is to go to the pictures now:mad:
    By the way, what did you think to the new Harry Potter film? I went to go and see it on Saturday.

12. Havn't been to the cinema in years! but there used to be usherettes partolling ! they were pretty efficient at homing in on anyone who was being 'rowdy' !

13. spiffy

spiffy PetForums Junior

I used to work at a cinema. We would check in on auditoriums every hour and anybody seen to be making noise was warned. Unfortunately the cinema staff cannot always be there and need to be made aware of the situation by customers. Only then can the staff do something about it. At the cinema I worked at, anyone that came out to complain would be given free ticket vouchers for another time.

Another thing to add, the cinemas may be reluctant to throw kids out of the film. I know the cinema I worked at was. If the kids are thrown out, the parents have be contacted. We got angry parents shouting down the phone at how their lovely precious Billy or Jane would never have done a thing like that, refusing to pick them up and demand they get to see the rest of the film. I know it sucks, but thats what happens. It is all about health, safety and political correctness these days. It annoyed us so much.

I have seen the Half-Blood Prince, believe me you haven't missed all that much. I am a fan of the books, so maybe that is why I am somewhat disappointed about the film. :D

14. Baby Bordie

I really enjoyed the film! It was good! How about you?

15. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

Moral of the story - avoid cinema's during the daytime in school holidays.

16. MarisStella

MarisStella PetForums Junior

It's funny you should say that...

I was just reading in a Dutch newspaper that a film complex there (Pathé) has just started a new pilot scheme of charging people a bit more for the tickets, but for that you get extra popcorn, a cinema screen which is guaranteed to not be full, and an usher who stays in the hall at all times to monitor unruly or unacceptable behaviour. Part of me would pay a bit extra to watch a good movie in peace and quiet, but then the other half of me thinks 'why the hell should I pay for something that I would expect in the first place'? It's a difficult one, and the're gonna try this idea in the Netherlands for a while to see if it takes off.

What do you guys think of this scheme? Would you pay a bit extra for a guaranteed pleasant cinema experience?

I used to work part-time in an 11-screen multiplex during my A-levels (best student job EVER!), and I didn't hesitate in kicking obnoxious kids out! I would never do it when it wasn't necessary, it was always justified, but many times, as we took the tickets and when seating them, you could tell before the movie started which group of teens we had to keep our eyes on. Needless to say I would offer to to do this... and get to watch yet another film for free!!

xxx MarisStella xxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice