Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cannot believe what my dad did this morning :( my poor rabbits!

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Emmiiee, May 10, 2010.

1. Emmiiee

Emmiiee PetForums Senior

I have 2 un-neuted male rabs, and for the last few days ive been keeping them seperate cos they started to fight, there book into the vets in about 2 weeks time!

i came down this morning and my dad had put them both in the run together!!! :mad2::mad2::cursing::cursing: I came down at just the right time, cos they turned on each other and were trying to castrate each other, i legged it downt he garden flew the run door open and tried grabbing for them, i finally managed to grab Rolo, and seperate them, my arms and hands are shreded! ive checked them over and bar the odd bit of missing fluff, there ok!! ARGH I gave my dada a right talking to, I'm still so skaken up! if i came down a min later :( does not bare thinking about :frown:

2. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

aww close call :frown: I dont know bout male fighting is it really agressive ? I only have one and she's my first one :eek:

3. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

:( poor boys, its really important that they learn not to hate each other now and after theyve been done and kept a part for 6 weeks they could still fight

4. Emmiiee

Emmiiee PetForums Senior

they are really agressive, they make this growling noise, its scary! x

5. Emmiiee

Emmiiee PetForums Senior

6 weeks?? reli ahh thats not good, cos at the mo there living in half a double hutch each, which really isn't enough room for each one hmm :/ thts abit annoying :/ x

6. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

aw yeah :) my cat went into winnies hutch and was playing with the shredded paper and winnie heard it from the lounge and came bounding in and rammed at her and tried to bite her grunting like a pig :scared: :lol: :lol: but they are friends as long as gracie stays out of her bed area :rolleyes:

7. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

its 6 weeks til they def have no sperm left, but also there hormones need to settle I would see how it goes, if they still hate each other then it might be best to get them a wife each

8. Emmiiee

Emmiiee PetForums Senior

eeek i hope they get on okay cos i have no more hutches to seperate and get 2 more lol, they were very close before they started fighting so hopefully there should be no problem :) x

9. dobermum

dobermum PetForums Senior

Aw that's so sad, but hey Dad doing what he did - put that down to USELESS MEN:D:D:D - they could be 90 and they still won't have the brains of us women lol.:thumbup:I am SO glad that the furkids are ok, but I always find it strange that something THAT cute can have any agression. My lil Hiphop (rabbit) is laid back as anything and loves the girls to bits, but if they try to steal from his cage, he does the 'grunting' thing and the girls are like *whooooa there lil fella!* He's my 2nd rabbit. When I got my first, my vet told me that lil pets take on the persona of the pets that they live with, so my Hiphop and Hambomambo - yep - they think they're Dobes - cooool with me lol :001_cool:

Best wishes!

D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice