Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cannot believe what i have just seen while looking at GSD- devasting & heartbreaking

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by lisa14061975, Oct 29, 2012.

1. lisa14061975

lisa14061975 Guest

I have just been looking at GSD rescue sites as i am considering adopting an older GSD after very recently losing mine at a young age - please dont shoot me for wanting one so soon i just miss my girl so much and no other dog would ever take her place but i feel we can give a poor dog in rescue a fantastic home with all the love attention and exercise it could wish for .
    I came across a site which is UK-GSR .CO.UK on the page it takes you to a section that says "Ruby the worthless dog " it tells you about how she came to be in rescue , she is a young beautiful gsd puppy , stupidly i clicked on it and it put me thru to you tube and i watched the video that plays very sad music to match her plight , I dont think i will ever believe people could be so god damm cruel .
    Her original owners gave her away free to good home , she didnt get a good home she was used as bait for dog fighting dogs (poor girl i still crying now) she has very bad tendon damage to her back legs causing her to be lame she has half off her tail missing she has been attacked around her ears and is covered in bites on her body , she is not expected to live beyond 5 yr old , I am really sorry if this has already been posted about but i just cant believe people could do something so horrible , i know this stuff goes on but what kind off world do we live in that people think a poor defenseless animal should go through this , just dont know how anyone could do this .
    If you decide to look at this please be aware it will make you cry - lots truly heartbreaking and such a gorgeous dog , going to dry my eyes now and take the image off what i have read out off my head if i can and walk our young labrador

#1 lisa14061975, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2012
  2. Phoolf

Phoolf PetForums VIP

Awful :( Seems to be happening more and more though. Just another statistic on people selfishly giving their dogs away free 'to good home'.

3. Buzzard

Buzzard PetForums VIP

Heartbreaking. Evil ********.

4. comfortcreature

comfortcreature PetForums VIP

I don't know if it is happening more and more. I have seen cruelty for five decades.

As I have worked with foster children I have to say that I know that human failure means we can be cruel torturers of our own children (and many other animals have been found to do this unfortunately), and I don't expect then that we will ever snuff out cruelty to animals. I hope we can lessen the cases of it all around.

It is still incredibly shocking and sad every time you come across another story of a helpless being that has been tortured.

I'm glad Ruby is going to have some time in her life in loving hands.

CC

#4 comfortcreature, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  5. lisa14061975

lisa14061975 Guest

Your not kidding would love to be put in a room with the evil f*****s , and cut there tendons , stick a screwdriver thru there ears so there ears ooze blood and stick a broom handle up thru the a***s and out thru there mouth (the dog lost half off her tail ) and do everything to them what they did to that poor girl , we live in a very sick world when people can do this , I cant imagine the pain that poor dog went thru brings tears rolling down my face to even imagine it screaming out and them sickos doing nothing . I know what i have suggested doing to them is sick but its what i would call karma and i know it wouldnt help ruby the dog but it would make me feel a damm site better knowing they would never harm another animal

6. lisa14061975

lisa14061975 Guest

Yes unfortunately children are targets too , its true that i dont think animal or child cruelty will ever stop - and it just a very sad fact ,

7. lisa14061975

lisa14061975 Guest

Yes that is true , you see them adverts all the time free to good home if people charged for the dogs people would be less inclined tospend money on it if they were going to do something as horrific as that , I could never hurt one off my babies , and i could never stand there while a dog tore into a dog off mine , I would do whatever i had to to protect it

8. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I think posts like this explain quite well why and how there is so much cruelty. You see nothing wrong in doing unspeakable things to a human being in retaliation for what they have do to an animal. The person that did this to the animal sees nothing wrong in what they did as it was a means to an end. there is violence and cruelty in so many people and everyone justifies the use of it differently. I see no justification at all for anything like this.

9. DT

DT Banned

Lisa,
    I know how you feel, everytime I read a case like this my heart breaks a little more,
    And I hate the human race a little more too.
    (((((((((Cuddles everyon))))))))))))))

then I start to worry about the ones we dont hear about and that really does upset me
    If there is a GOD why the hell does he let the innocent suffer? WHY

10. sianrees1979

sianrees1979 PetForums VIP

poor ruby :crying: hope she gets the loving home she deserves

11. lisa14061975

lisa14061975 Guest

No i wouldnt do this to any human being just those that abuse animals, making them nearly crippled living a life off pain this poor dog ruby will be lucky to make it to 5yr old ,animals are the ones that cant ask for help , they cant tell anyone and they cant run away , any individual who is capable of doing this doesnt deserve to breathe the same air as a animal or anyone who loves animals , there the lowest scumbags around , that is nothing to what i would do if i ever caught anyone harming a single hair on my dogs head . most genuine animal lovers would want people that took ruby on to suffer the way she was made to suffer she didnt do anything to ask for the treatment she got and if i am honest the people that gave her away are just as bad to they obviously didnt give 2 hoots about her and were she ended up i just hope they are now aware off what sentence they gave that poor dog what they did and what the people who took ruby did is unforgivable and i hope one day something really dreadful happens to them , I am not going to take my comment back about what i think should be done to them because its my personal opinion to scumbags that hurt INNOCENT ANIMALS that is in caps as animals are innocent animal abusers are not innocent how anyone who abuses animals think it is normal behaviour is beyond me and should be locked up - for good

12. lisa14061975

lisa14061975 Guest

Thanks , Yes that is true the ones we dont hear about are more upsetting you hear so many sad stories and i find it hard to even comprehend people are so cruel , its so true that if there is a god why do the innocent suffer will never understand animal abusers , my gsd who very recently past away totally demolished my house when she was a puppy when i walked in i couldnt do anything but giggle to myself as i asked her what have you done , i would never off punished her physically for anything ever the thought would never enter my head , yet some people think its okay to do this - mad world we are in . I am just glad Ruby will have her last days with love and attention with nothing but kindness

13. househens

househens Guest

I like to get a dog from rescue quickly after losing mine. If I am settling a dog, & busy, I can't fall apart, and my dogs are either excited, or absolutely outraged and busy hiding bones, or thrilled and fascinated by the visitor. They all see my dog dead, and come and keep me company, when I bury them, so they don't look for them.

I would just like the godlike power to know really sadistic, obscene people and just phoof them into nonexistance. Each birthday, I look for the parcel and instructions, but hasn't arrived yet. I may have to write to someone to complain.

Welcome lisa, you can hang with me, any time on pf

14. lisa14061975

lisa14061975 Guest

Hi i dont think she is up for rehoming because of what has happened to her (may look into it again when i can bear to go on there again) she very bad with her legs but whoever has her in foster will cherish the poor girl and she will never be hurt again , reading that and seeing her poor little sad face will remain in my memory for a very long time

15. lisa14061975

lisa14061975 Guest

Hi househens , thanks , I am currently looking into adopting an older dog has to be a GSD and was told about a dog called Shilol on the many tears site going to be ringing them as we live in manchester and dont drive she maybe out off our league , but we need to get our home checks done first with the two gsd rescues and many tears if i can workout a way off getting to see shilol she is stunning , i miss my girl so very very much and even though we have our 21wk old labrador as a keep me busy life without a gsd is not the same , I am sure will pass the home checks have always had GSD so can give a good experienced home with lots of love attention and exercise and an amazing play buddy in our lab floyd

16. househens

househens Guest

Also a fantastic site: oldies.org.uk

old dogs and Special needs, across Britain

17. Muze

Muze PetForums VIP

Poor dog, hope has few happy years :)

Though the 'illegal fighting dog' in the vid looked like a lab to me :confused:

18. Phoolf

Phoolf PetForums VIP

You might also want to look at cefni GSD rescue: Cefni German Shepherd Rescue - Helping To Adopt Shepherds

And this one: http://www.germanshepherdrescue.co.uk/

19. lisa14061975

lisa14061975 Guest

I will have a look at that site now , thanks

20. lisa14061975

lisa14061975 Guest

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice