Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Canine escape artists

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nellybelly, May 25, 2010.

1. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

I am very grateful that this does not apply to me:)

I was just wondering. For any of you that have had this problem, how did you go about it? Is it now resolved?

2. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

The little toad had done this twice today today, I went into the garden to play with him and the garden was empty. :eek: Fortunatly behind his fence I had stacked so bag full of grass and soil and he can't resist splitting a bag open. When I called him he came racing round the front with grass and mud in his mouth looking so proud. I managed not to shout obsenities at him, just a small uttered "git". Luckily no body saw him as dogs are meant to be on lead on the complex.
    Guess I will be sorting the fence tomorrow.

3. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Without a doubt my Ailsa would be given the chance.She got out once(didnt help my ADHD teen was trying to chase her back!) and i wont be risking that again!!!
    She can also scale,from a standstill i hasten to add,any stairgate,yes even the high dog gates,and have decided not to use them anymore for fear of serious injury.
    Yet my other girl will sit by any open door and wait to be asked to go out.
    Chalk and cheese!

4. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Buster used to run out the door when he was really tiny but still ridiculously fast. I've stopped it now though. He can't get over the 7 foot fence for the back garden

5. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

thats what i was wondering... did you change the environment to make it escape proof? or did you try to walk your dog more / do more at home, to stop them wanting to escape.

6. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

No trained him to go to bed in another room when someone knocked on the door. I made the door being knocked the cue for it.

7. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

I have a child gate instead of a door in between kitchen and front door. The only one who runs out is my pug the others normally stay behind it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice