Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Canine 1st Aid & Covid

Discussion in 'Dog Walking' started by Jawalk, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Jawalk

Jawalk PetForums Newbie

Hi,
    I am looking into starting a dog walking business with potential to diversify later using our land to offer other dog related services.
    Initially I need to keep costs down, although have experience of fostering dogs and being around dogs my whole life I have no “professional experience” or qualifications.
    My 1st qualification which I believe is essential to begin with (until I start getting clients) is canine 1st Aid. However there are so many all ranging in prices (£50-£150+) I also can’t travel far (I am unable to drive long distances- I’m in west Cumbria)
    There are online courses and classroom ones - however with Covid these are either now not being offered or booked up. So how can you complete a 1st aid course online and feel confident? Is it worth it? Can anyone recommend which course providers are the best. Do all canine 1st aid cover the same things or are there certain things I should particularly look out for that a course should cover.

If I’m lucky enough to get some clients- what training is the next best thing (again there is so much choice)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice