Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Candy

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Mr Gizmo, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Mr Gizmo

Mr Gizmo Body of a Buddah.

Hello all,
    well it had to happen,Friday evening we decided to try and see if Candy wanted to explore the outside world.
    Part one:put the harness and lead on,Lou managed that with very little fuss.:thumbup:
    Part two:-Try and get her to walk with harness on,no chance,Lou had to carry her down the stairs to the front door.No struggling or panicking, so far so good.:sneaky2:
    Part three:-Me to open front door for her.:eek:she flew out of Lous arms and round her neck in an attempt to get away,with Lou still attached to the lead she manged a wall of death around the front room followed by another wall of death around the spare room(which is actually her room now)before we could get her harness off.
    After this she went and hid for a while but with Lou sitting on the floor talking to her through the ironing board she came out a short time later non the worse for the experience.
    What I would like to know is do you think it means that Candy is defiantly an indoor cat for good or will she eventually want to go out,it doesnt matter to us which it is so long as she's happy?.

2. badbudgie

badbudgie PetForums Member

Not that I am an expert but you could try her/him with just the harness and lead on in the house first to get them used to it?
    It's maybe too big of a step to go straight outside.

Although I have two very happy and healthy house cats who seem quite content to remain that way.

3. Amzy

Amzy PetForums Junior

I think there are just some cats who dont have any interest in going outside! They just done like it! lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice