Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

candeling goose eggs

Discussion in 'Bird Breeding' started by chicotah, Jul 18, 2009.

1. chicotah

chicotah PetForums Junior

hey there i have found that my moter goose has wandered off her eggs today so ive scooped them up an am incubating then under heat.... 1st time ive done this but in unaware of what im looking for i have only got two of them left........

one has a small air pocket in it and the other has not ive candel it but has not shown any air in there at all just a big black mass and is smelling quite rough too. im aware thet the eggs have been under my goose for 21 to 25 days so do i have 1 fertile and one rotten please any one i need some help!!!!!

2. Cascara

Cascara PetForums Member

What do you want help with? The rotten egg should be disposed of carefully and safely or you will never get rid of the smell, the other egg do you have any more info on what you can see? Usually geese are around 26-29 days depending on the size and if they are incubatored or under a mum :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice