Cancellation fee

Discussion in 'Dog Walking' started by Izzy95, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Izzy95

Izzy95 PetForums Member

does anyone charge if people cancel at short notice? I’ve had a lot of people cancel this week, losing me £60 so far this week. I understand things crop up but most of the time I’m getting texts on the morning of the walk and it worries me because obviously I have bills to pay and was expecting to work. I just wondered if anyone else has a similar problem and how they deal with it? I don’t want to charge people but sometimes I think people don’t think and just text on the morning.

2. Darrell Jones

Darrell Jones PetForums Member

No. It's happened very infrequently for me. I accept that it will happen now and again

3. PrettyPiaffe

PrettyPiaffe PetForums Junior

If it happens now and again then I let it go. However my T&Cs do state that I need 48 hours notice for cancellations otherwise a cancellation charge applies. I would only apply this though if I had flaky customers that were cancelling week in, week out. As it is I (luckily) don’t so haven’t had to ‘enforce’ this rule yet.

4. Maxine67

Maxine67 PetForums Member

It's happened to me a few times, and depending on the reason for the cancellation (if it's a genuine reason/emergency) I don't charge, but my t&c's state a 24hr cancellation notice, and I had a couple of clients who had started cancelling regularly on the morning of the walk, so I pointed out I would still have to charge them and they haven't cancelled since!;)

Seonag likes this.
  5. Ownedbymany

Ownedbymany PetForums Senior

24 hours or full fee for me.

However, I've only charged it twice for the same client as they were getting silly.
    Usually I am pretty lenient as life is never predictable.

So really it depends on why and how often they cancel.

On the other side of things I've had clients with really genuine reasons who have insisted on paying anyway even though I tried to let them off.