Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

canary bonding

Discussion in 'Bird Breeding' started by facialproducts, Mar 31, 2011.

1. facialproducts

facialproducts PetForums Newbie

I have a male canary in breeding condition. A friend said that she has a pair and doesn't want babies, so when she lays the eggs, she takes them out. Question: I only want the female. Will she rebond with my male or do I have to keep the two my friend has together.

2. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

You can take the hen on her own put them side by side in separate cages give the female a nest a nesting materials and you should see her start to nest she should then start calling the male and if all goes well you can introduce the male if all goes well (does"nt always) she should lay and sit on her eggs for 13 to 14 days keep an eye on the male as at the moment I have a aggressive male who cant stay with the hen as he smashes the eggs and is very spiteful to the hen if she stays on the nest

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice