Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Can you see anything wrong?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Nataliee, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Nataliee

Nataliee PetForums VIP

Just want people's opinions on this photo of the mouth, is there anything that doesn't look right? I don't want to point it out as would like to see if anyone else picks up on it too, so that I know I'm not being paranoid
    [​IMG]

2. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

A little too red around the gums?

3. kate_7590

kate_7590 PetForums VIP

Iv just compared to Gemma....your picture doesnt look like the teeth come together properly, but this is properly because his/ her mouth is slightly open???

4. rose

rose PetForums VIP

Gums look a bit brown at the very top?

5. ellenlouisepascoe

ellenlouisepascoe PetForums VIP

Very brown gums! Look a little blistery and that red blister looking thingy (techincal words)

6. ellenlouisepascoe

ellenlouisepascoe PetForums VIP

Google canine gingivitis and look at the pics, yours is a little grainy so hard to see but it looks like it to me x

7. Nataliee

Nataliee PetForums VIP

Hmm no one else has noticed it yet. It's not colour of gums, although she does have a dark gum colour, vet told me it was fine
    The photo is a little blury this might be a bit better
    [​IMG]

8. cravensmum

cravensmum PetForums VIP

Bottom tooth through the gum.?

9. cbrookman

cbrookman PetForums VIP

I thought it was the brown colour on the gums too.

10. evuze

evuze PetForums Junior

I was told that a sign of unhealthy gums is if when you press your dogs gum lightly with one finger it doesn't immediately regain it's color, from white, there's a problem.

like when you squeeze the tip of your finger out goes white then back normal when you let go.

Just thought I'd add :)

11. cbrookman

cbrookman PetForums VIP

Should the bottom big canine tooth come behind the top?? Not sure and don't want to go and wake my boys up to check. May be totally wrong and will then feel embarrassed :eek:

12. Kittenfostermummy

Kittenfostermummy PetForums VIP

Something to do with the tongue it looks almost like there are two tongues there!??!

13. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

The only things I can see is it looks like the front tooth next to the canine has lost the tip at some point, and there's a small white mark next to your thumb which could possibly be an abcess? It's not obvious whatever it is!! Or maybe it will be once all is revealed - probably something simple like incomplete dentition......

14. Nataliee

Nataliee PetForums VIP

Yes :( I think she has a mass under her tongue. I noticed it a few month ago but thought it was just part of her tongue however brushing her teeth tonight I think it's got slightly bigger so I had a proper good look & now feeling very worried. I want her in the vets ASAP

15. Kittenfostermummy

Kittenfostermummy PetForums VIP

(((((((((((())))))))))))))) good luck at the vets hun xxxxxx

16. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Has the vet seen this already? And it's definitely a *mass*?

Just asking as I've been poking in Indie's mouth since you posted photos and her tongue is all over the place every time I take a peek in there, looks very odd sometimes!!

Good luck at the vets xx

17. Nataliee

Nataliee PetForums VIP

Hopefully it will be something like an abscess, but having lost Max to oral cancer 3 months ago I can't help but over react

18. Nataliee

Nataliee PetForums VIP

Well she had a tooth removed a few months ago, so I would have thought the vet would have noticed it if it was there then & she didn't mention anything. The last time she saw the vet was when she had a funny turn/possible fit a few weeks after the tooth removal, I can't remember if she checked her mouth though. It's not an easy thing to spot in such a small mouth.
    It definitely looks like something that shouldn't be there, hard to see under her tongue though think she would need sedating for a proper look, it's not attached to the gums though its definitely under the tongue. Maybe it's caused from when she had the tooth removal

19. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

I've liked that last post because it's so important that *we* check over our dogs regularly, and a lot of people don't look in their dogs mouths at all, and are unaware of the health problems that can occur, so it's important to go over them thoroughly to spot anything that appears out of the ordinary as soon as possible. I hope it's nothing to worry about, but always worth getting them checked over just to be on the safe side xx

20. Nataliee

Nataliee PetForums VIP

I do their teeth at least once a week & have a check over but can't remember when I first saw this, it was in the last 2 months, to be honest I think I was in a bit of denial that it was anything unusual because of what had just happened with Max. I'll be on the phone to the vets in the morning.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice