Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Can you introduce a lone male mouse to a pre-formed group of male mice??

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by niki87, Jun 2, 2010.

1. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

Hi is this possible? I have the offer of adopting 2 x 11 week old and 1 6 month old who are already in a group. I am not really keep on saying yes if I will end up with another cage of mice...particularly who may end up being split into more cages. But if it is a group...is the liklihood of them getting on more? Or could it affect the balance of the original group and split them up? xx

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Its highly likely that adding another male could end badly with him being attacked and could also start your existing group fighting, I certainly wouldnt try it hun, maybe someone else will be along with better news but I certainly wouldnt risk it.

3. niki87

niki87 PetForums VIP

I texted YR too..and yes he agrees!! 3 out of 4 of them were quite young which is why I was tempted...but as he said the 6 month old one won't accept him. I had to turn the boys down but I have taken 3 little girls in. We think one is mum as she is bigger...but they are all gorgeous...which id not counted on! Mum is white and beige...and other two girls are white!!! Totally beautiful!!! xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice