Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Can you do anything about getting other people's post?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GoldenShadow, Apr 8, 2011.

1. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

We moved here in August and are still getting the previous people's post, sometimes daily.

No addresses or contact details for them, any ideas if we can do anything?

2. Ren

Ren PetForums Senior

This is happening to me too. The thing is that there seem to be about 20 different people! We don't even get the same person twice! God knows how many people lived here before :blink:

3. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

If you look on the back there should be a return address. Just write on it 'Not known at this address' and send it back! Don't have to pay postage on it!

4. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Oooh that is weird?! Ours are for the two people who lived here before but weren't married and have now split up so are in different places anyway wherever they are...

That's what we're doing but since Monday we've had 9 pieces of mail I can't be arsed to keep doing it I'm lazyyyyyyyy :cryin:

We put a redirection on ours for 6 months wish you could tell RM not to give it to you :lol:

5. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

I've lived in my house for 9 years now and we still get random post for about 3 different people lol.

6. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Im frequently having to phone bailiffs to point out that the previous owners havent lived here in over 10 years!!:rolleyes:

7. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

Yeah, bin it lol We have been here near on 2 yrs and still get post for 6 different people we sent it back for about 18 months now i just bin it.

8. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

I've had a load of hassle from bailiffs and similar chasing a previous owner...they've been told a dozen times.
    Their last letter I posted 'return to sender' with an invoice for £100 for my time and trouble.Nothing since then.:glare:

9. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I've been in my place almost 8 years now and I STILL get the pension / savings thingy update of the bloke who lived there before me.

I wish there was a way I could claim it because it's worth a wee fortune.... :(

ESPECIALLY after the hassle I had with bailiffs for him when I first moved in!! :mad:

I've earned it.... :D :D :D

10. Bandy

Bandy Banned

Now there's an idea I will be trying.

11. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

same here, i used to do it when they came in, then wait till there was loads and do it all at once, now they all go in recycling. if they can't be arsed telling folk where they've moved to tough luck! (tescos, their bank!!!! etc etc etc)

been in the house 5 years and still get rubbish for the 3rd to last rentee!

12. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

You should take them down the main sorting office and get them to make it official. Personally I just throw them away.

About a year after we moved here I had an actual credit card for the previous owner. I phoned the company and told them he no longer lived there, and the bloke just did not seem to understand. He wanted me to write in! I told him I have better things to do with my time and he is lucky I am honest.

A couple of months ago I got a letter addressed to the previous owners and I could just see through the window of the envelope that it was about a remortgage. They were apparently applying for a remortgage of their new house, have lived there for two years, and the mortgage company had sent these important documents to their old address. How bizarre is that? I opened it, got their present address, and sent it with a note.

Everything else now just goes straight in the bin.

13. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

In the nineties my brother changed address and informed everybody he had done so...
    The inland revenue, as was, sent him a letter stating..."Thank you for informing us of your change of address"

It was sent to his old address...go figure...:D

14. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

My husband was self employed in his own name for some years, then changed to using a limited company. Shortly afterward we moved, but it took us forever to convince the Inland Revenue that we were not two separate entities. The buyers of our house were continually getting letters to him and we were getting letters to the limited company.

If it is not a preformatted letter on their computers, they do not have a clue.

15. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

We're in the process of selling our business after selling our house almost two years ago. We used the same solicitor for both sale and purchase of the new house and now for the business sale, so where did he send the documents too for the business sale?
    Yep, our old address :rolleyes:
    I'm glad the buyer of our house sent the paperwork on to us but it caused a delay of a couple of weeks.
    We had mail re-directed when we moved and I told anyone important - banks etc. so anything else that goes to the old address and I don't want anyway. We have occasional mail for the previous owner here but only junk stuff.

16. jessiegirl

jessiegirl PetForums Senior

you could put a sign on your door sayying 'mail only for johnson please' or whatever your name is, and if you have a decent postie they should just put your mail through

or just bin it! tough titties if the previous person couldnt be arsed with re directing their mail.

17. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

For 25 years we lived in a road called Cedar Crescent and for 25 years we got post for a lady who lived in Cedar Close, in the next town. She got ours as well. One day I got what was obviously a hospital appointment, addressed to her, but with my address on it! How the hell that happened I have no idea.

I wrote a note with that one and sent it to her, she came round and thanked me and said she was fed up with it and was complaining to the postmaster. I never had anything else of hers, nor she of mine.

I don't know what she did, just wish I had thought of it earlier!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice