Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

can you add a dog to an existing policy??

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sid&kira, Mar 24, 2011.

1. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

We need to get keyusha insured, our 2 are with direct line and i want to stick with them for Keyu aswell

We took the policy out when grey got her, so have never added another dog on, can we do this?? and will they give us a discount?? There isnt anywhere on my online account to add or change my existing policy

Also, d'ya reckon now that kira is spayed and chipped they will knock some money off for her? :p

2. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

I have 3 insured with argos, but they come out as seperate payments and I think are seperate refs, i do get 10% off of each because of having multiple which is why I do my mums dog under my name.
    Technically they should give you some money off now she is spayed but they'll prob get out of it cos of the rising cost of insurance, Willows went up £4 per month at renewal

3. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Being spayed and chiped now I would of thought would reduce her premiums.
    Give them a call because you normally get a discount for multiple pets - they will have seperate policies though.
    I know I get a small percentage off with Argos on Lilly's policy because she was a second policy taken out.

4. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

well i gave them a call, took all the details and she's been added onto their policy, gone up from £25 to £37, so not too bad :) its advanced cover

apparently spaying and chipping doesnt affect the price, but they did change it for claims purposes :)

5. babycham2002

Thats not a bad price at all, I pay £49 for these three
    I bet the spaying would change it on a new policy :rolleyes:

I got told (by argos) I pay more for Percy's insurance because a.he's a rare breed (nearly 200 entries at crufts this year but ok I do see their point)
    b. He's a unneatued male and therefore a more dangerous risk. he he :lol: he's a 6kg softie :D

6. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

they did ask a load of questions, its so much easier to buy it online lol

does she take park in any sporting or leisure activities?? Ummm no... (they all do, they work, but im not telling them that lol)

does she display any aggressive tendancies?? She's 6 months old!! She's only a baby! course she doesnt :rolleyes:

Will she be used for breeding? NO

tonnes of bloody questions lol

7. babycham2002

he he they'll want dress size and paw measurements next
    When I done Percys on the phone they bloke googled chinese cresteds cos he didnt know what they was and I was like noooooo, there is some very bad pics of CCs whe you do that!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice