Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Can this be true??

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by flufffluff39, Jun 7, 2010.

1. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

Have I been kept in the dark about dog shows lately or can you win with crosses?? I saw this add, ( before anyone says anything its not my add), and was wondering if shes telling porkies?????

Female Genuine 8/10Th Chihuahua
    £495

GENUINE 8/10th Chihuahua, mum is 3rd generation Chihuahua x Jack Russell, And through all generations they have been bred with a PURE long hair Chihuhaua. I have proof that this lovely little girl is as close to a Chihuahua as you can get. From the first litter, one of the puppies has since gone on to win first prize at a show so this puppies is capable of anything. I started this blood line quiet a few years ago after a bad experience with a pure Chihuahua puppy, I was badly advised by a breeder, and the poor little boy knocked his head and passed away due to injury to the soft spot they have. After that i was advised to get a Jackchi (Chihuhaua x Jack russell) who turned out not to look too much like a chihuahua but had the most amazing tempament. The rest is history, i went on to breed from my own blood line and created a well known and respected line. I have references available to anybody that wishes to view them, or speak to past litter owners. Many ask what to expect with this line, The possibilities are endless - If you want a dog that will go for walks with you - This puppy will be right for you, If you want a cuddly lap-dog - cuddles will be very muched loved. Like all dogs, the right training is all that is needed for your perfect pet. Never did i think that this line of my breed would be winning agility compititions - I guess that small bit of jack russell has made a difference. This darling puppy will only be homed to a 5* home, If you require any further info, please contact me if i have not already answered your question in this ad. No photo collectors and time wasters please, A landline telephone number must be given with your initial email enquiry, i will then contact you at a time arranged to talk further about the puppy.

2. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

could it have won at a companion show where you don't need KC registration to enter?

3. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

Well shes saying these pups can do anything :) Super pups lol. Yeh it could be it won a companion show :)

4. swarthy

swarthy PetForums VIP

the only place such dogs could be shown is in the NOVELTY classes at a Companion show - e.g. waggiest tail, dog the judge would most like to take home etc.

Nothing wrong with the above at all - but I do feel the ad is misleading.

A dog cannot be 8 tenths of anything - because it has two parents - therefore four bloodlines for it's grand-parents, 8 for it's G Grandparents etc

So a dog could be 50/50 JR and Chi - or - 75/25 JR x Chi - but it certainly couldn't be 8 tenths in anyone's book :(

Trouble is - these adverts are worded so loosely as to be deliberately misinterpreted - and people could easily buy a pup in the belief they can show it - as we know some people common sense just goes out of the window when faced with a litter of puppies :(

Even with pedigrees, I would be very cynical of anyone 'claiming' their dogs can be shown unless they were established showbreeders themselves - a puppy can offer potential for the showring, there is no guarantee it will actually grow up to be a good example of the breed.

5. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Phoenix&Charlie'sMum PetForums VIP

There is a companion dog show that had Pedigree classes. The judge does not ask for any proof of pedigree so the dog could have won one of those.

I have a Greyhound (not tatoo'd so he could be a lurcher) which Ive entered in a pedigree and he came 3rd (didnt come 1st because I didnt run with him)

6. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

7. swarthy

swarthy PetForums VIP

Very succinctly put :thumbup: :thumbup: trouble is - how many prospective owners will take it at face value :(

8. pickle

pickle PetForums Senior

Actually, lots I imagine!

9. hutch6

hutch6 PetForums VIP

I think you will find madam that a pure bred Chihuahua is the closest you can get to a Chihuahua. Anything else is a mutt.

10. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

What you suggesting? I got first's in a show this weekend with my cross breed.

1st in Waggest tail for Cooper and 1st in Best Rescue for Sidney. :thumbup:

:lol: I knew I should have bragged earlier...might have sold one of them for £1000!!! :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice