Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

can someone find me a cat-tree please?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by foxxy cleopatra, Jul 16, 2009.

1. foxxy cleopatra

foxxy cleopatra PetForums VIP

:D i need help! i actaully cant sleep lol...getting kittens at 10.30 :D AHHHHHH!!! :D anyway...got a small scratch tree thing...but when i get paid on the 31st, im ordering a big one....so please, could you all help me find the perfect one?
    i want to pay about £150....but for the perfect one i would strech to £200

2. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

3. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

4. grangepetcentre

grangepetcentre PetForums Junior

5. Janee

Janee PetForums VIP

This one is brill because you can design your own. It is strong and big enough for Maine Coons and when bits of it get scratched to pieces you can replace just that part.

Cat Scratchers Catrix Cat Activity Centre & Scratching Post

The owner is extremely helpful and they are often at cat shows where you can get a discount.

6. Izzie999

Izzie999 PetForums VIP

Personally I would go with Kalven Kalven Cat Scratchers I wouldn't touch zooplus with a barge pole for scratchers, they are cheap yes, cheaply made and they do not last! I have had a couple and the last one collapsed causing my Maine coon boy to break his leg! It was a cheap scratcher that has ended up costing me about £2,000 in vet bills. Kalven scratchers are in the price range you want and last. At the end of the day you get what you paid for.

Izzie

7. Izzie999

Izzie999 PetForums VIP

Hi,

We have one of these and they are good if you are happy to be forever replacing posts as they don't last even six months! Luckily the bits are reasonably priced but be wary you will be forever paying out for replacement bits. I think the Cleo scratcher from pet supermarket is excellent value, you want one that will last and not wear down so quickly.

Izzie

8. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

Ive never had trouble with them breaking all are really sturdy and have lasted ages.

My friend had a £300 one and that was pure rubbish it wobbled and her cat fell off the top of it!

I guess we all have different experiences, personally I dont think £70 for a bit of wood with some fur on it is cheap, I think thats really expensive!!

Sorry to hear about your boy :(

9. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

Hope they use it.... my sisters freind spent a lot of money on one and the cats wouldnt go near it...:eek:

10. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

I agree, especially when you take them apart and see what they're actually made of.

I also don't like the fur as I believe it holds and spreads viruses.

I've never had any problems with Zooplus products myself, they seem as good as any other.

Fiona

11. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

I really wish I was handy I would love to make one myself but sadly I'm not! lol I've always gone with Zoo Plus and I dont think I've ever had a problem with them (touch wood!), I've just ordered a little one for my new kitty which should be here tomorrow I hope!

I wonder if Foxxy has brought the kittens home yet ......

12. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

all my trees are from zooplus and they defo are good for the money. Where i have do admit having had to put some extra screws into the largest tree as after a while it started to get a bit loose because of the weight of my cats but overall the best place to get lovely trees for little money :thumbup:

Every tree needs to be checked reguraly for its safety, regardless of how much u paid for it :D

kittykat likes this.
  13. tylow

tylow PetForums VIP

I can't fault our cat tree from zooplus however have been looking at the catrix activity sets from Crystal clear pets. Not cheap but like the idea you can build it to your own spec

14. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

FOXXY!!!

Why do you need such an expensive scratching post??? :eek: :eek:

You were only on here a couple of weeks ago saying how poor you are at the minute. :(

You can get a couple of small scratching posts and beds etc. Save your money for vets bills and food and stuff!!!!!!:001_tt2: :D :D :D :D Pleeeeaaassseeee!!!

15. Fayfe

Fayfe PetForums Newbie

We have the Banana-leaf cat tree from zooplus. It was expensive but I dont regret it at all, it looked so much better than any others I've seen and fits in perfectly with the rest of the house. The kittens took to it, although they've grown some since this picture and cant share comfortably anymore. Bonnie takes pride of place in the top house and Clyde makes do with the middle ledge or the cave. The "hammock" is where we keep all their toys :)

It was easy to build ... hubby and I had a row that evening so I did it alone cursing the day I married him :p They chase each other up and down so its very sturdy and the sisal on the legs have lasted 6 months and show no signs of wear despite being used daily.

The second picture is of the Banana-leaf bed, they slept in this for all of two months and now wont go near it ^^ think I will rotate it on its stand so its facing up and use it as a magazine holder :wink5:

Attached Files:

16. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

Kalvin do make good scratchers, so does Russel Hardy - CATSCRATCHER.COM - I got my last scratcher from them at a show - don't forget it's the Gwynedd show in Queensferry this Saturday!! I know that they'll be there - looked it up on their website. I prefer scartchers that are made from carpet & sisal rather than fur fabric - they're softer (the carpet) & more hard wearing than the fur fabric ones. One of my friends bought a huge scratcher from Germany on ebay & her cats adore it. Even with the postage it wasn't that expensive, especially if you bid on one rather than a buy it now. As I explained in a previous post re your new kittens :) , I don't think the Cleo scratcher is that big - it's two of the ones they do joined together. It is quite well made, but it's wide/long rather than high & mine don't really use it much anymore - they prefer the taller, sturdier ones by far. I've tried to attach a photo of one of the scratchers I've got that the cats love - had this one made for my conservatory, but it never got that far :eek:hmy: Hope it works :confused: Not a brill photo - taken on my phone, but at least yyou can see it - hopefully! Beautifully modelled by Tilly & Saffy :)

Attached Files:

17. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

mines from zooplus too .. my stella loves it, it wasin thir sale and cost us £60, its to ceiling height , with lotsof levels and 3 "beds" on it :D
    julie

18. foxxy cleopatra

foxxy cleopatra PetForums VIP

:D thanks everyone looking around atm...and yeashhh the kittens are home! starting a new thread! :D and i am poor...my animals are not :p hahaha i have a separate bank accounts for them :D

19. Izzie999

Izzie999 PetForums VIP

Glad the kittens are settling in and you are enjoying them.

The Banana leaf scratchers are very good and quite strong too, my friend has Maine coons and she said it copes quite well.

Izzie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice