UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted b4 but got no replys , i just wanna no the kinda costs i could be facing with rehoming this 10yr old trailhound , his in good health at the moment but he is getting old!

We cannot get insurance due to his age and am slightly concerned on how much he could cost us in the future ??

thanks so mmuch

·
Registered
18,075 Posts
It really depends what, if anything, he gets wrong with him.

Have you had a good look at insurance companies? There are many out there that will deal with older dogs.

G

·
There are insurance companies out there that deal with veteran dogs, insurance is certainly worth it!! Anything could happen, mine jumped off a table and broke her foot!! Definately shop around, I'm sure there are some good ones who do veteran cover, the cost of insurance far outweighs the cost of vet fees that may occur *touch wood it doesn't* also covers third party liability....well worth it!! xxxxxxx

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
It really does depend on the individual dog. My old collie lived to 17 and had very few trips to the vets. What type of health is the dog in at the moment?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well they say his in good health but he has lost alot of weight in kennels due to stress , he has a health check b4 we pick him up and any *Ongoing* health issue they pay for the treatment for instance he has a small growth on his head which she showed us and the vet has seen it and says it fine but if in future it caused problems they cover this!

I have just lookeed at some pet insurance quotes and its about £30 a mth plus we pay the first 100 of any treatment plus 15% due to his age so doesnt sound a good deal , think i will shop around or just put money into a saving account 4 him!

His a trail hound so not sure if this breed are prone to any illnesses??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.