UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,
Can our Dog get Colds? As my puppy become sick from a week and getting much cough as I have seen some watery discharge from his nose, I can’t understand, Can it be cold sign. And can our dog get cold?
Anyone suggestion will be highly appreciated.

pet healthcare

·
Banned
12,847 Posts
No, dogs cannot get colds like we can. You need to take your puppy to the vet immediately.

·
Registered
154 Posts
they cannot get colds or pass colds on however puppies and dogs can get kennel cough and the parvovirus.

it sounds as though your pup as kennel cough. he needs to be seen by a vet.

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
Hello Guys,
Can our Dog get Colds? As my puppy become sick from a week and getting much cough as I have seen some watery discharge from his nose, I can’t understand, Can it be cold sign. And can our dog get cold?
Anyone suggestion will be highly appreciated.

pet healthcare
Sounds like an upper respiratory tract infection, If he is coughing as well could even be kennel cough that can effect the nose and eyes as well.
Pups are more susceptible to further bacterial infections as well, and you may find the watery discharge may even turn to thickened yellow greenish discharge he may well be at risk of if it isnt already going down to a lower respiratory infection on the chest and lungs.

He really does need to be checked out and the vet could well give you antibiotic cover as well to prevent further infection if he hasnt already. You will need to tell them you suspect kennel cough as its it contagious.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.