Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Can male cat be on heat?

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by saxa21, Jun 7, 2010.

1. saxa21

saxa21 PetForums Member

I was wonken up few night in a row by a cat miowing BADLY BADLY BADLY to the extent that first time I thought it was a baby or a child outside. I thought to myself it's a female looking for some "sexy time" ;). But hen this cat came to my garden and sniffed my two boys. Only then I realised he is a Tom (you should have seen the size of his b***s!)
    Well to cut the long story short I wasnt sure of he is on heat or just loast as he wanders around neighbourhood miowing BADLY at all times.

I've never seen him before and he looks a bit dirty.

What are your thought?

2. dharma66

dharma66 PetForums Senior

He can't be on heat on the sense that it's applied to females. Males are Randy all the time.

If you've not seen him before then he may be stray, or he may be a new addition to the neighbourhood. He could be establishing a territory, and calling for any queens in the vicinity.

If he is new to the area and not a stray, he could shout like this for a god few years, depending on how old he is now. It might be worth, if it persists, trying to track down the owner, and see if you feel you could talk to them about it (I know it's not always that easy...if I tried that with the wrong people round here, I'd risk getting stabbed!)

3. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

lol no he cant be on heat... but toms are generally noisy anyway.... if there is an in-call female in the area he will be even noisier!

They like to advertise their studliness and availability!

4. saxa21

saxa21 PetForums Member

I know what you mean! I went onced to ask a lady if the dirty black and white cat is hers, thought she's gonna gun me down!

I am starting to have a feeding station for stray cats in ym garden. I really dont mind just dont want the neighbours to know....they are funny at times.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice