Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Can I use Care fresh as a base?

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by ikikata, Jul 17, 2009.

1. ikikata

ikikata PetForums Junior

I was using saw dust as the base for my degu cage but it seems to cause so much mess. I was wondering if i could use care Fresh as the base, as it very hygenic. Would this work? ty

2. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

I would have thought it would be fine. Megazorb can also be used instead of shavings. Did you mean saw dust or shavings? I use shavings for all my guinea pigs and hamsters because they seem fine on it. I usually put hay over the top of the shaving for the guinea pigs though.

3. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

Can't see how it would be a problem to use carefresh. I put hay on top of the shavings for my pigs too, it's way better then just shavings alone.

4. ikikata

ikikata PetForums Junior

Thank you, and yes i did mean shavings. The reason why im changing base is because my degu's seem to love to dig and when they do this, it usually comes out the cage and makes a terrible mess on the floor. I also put hay on the floor for them as they eat it and use it for nests. :D

5. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

I would definitely not use dirt for a foundation.

6. ikikata

ikikata PetForums Junior

Yes i agree, i would never use dirt as a base.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice