Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Can he go down to 3 meals?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Jamcon, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Jamcon

Jamcon PetForums Junior

My pup Deacon is 10wks and I have followed his diet sheet from the breeder, he is meant to be on 4 meals a day, til he is about 5mths... just like my Jamie... but now Deacon is refusing to eat this last meal:confused: He eats everything else with gusto and is happy, active and has a little plump body (not fat.. puppy plump;)) Do you think he would be okay just to have the three meals instead...?

2. terriermaid

terriermaid PetForums Senior

i generally reduce to 3 feeds around 11/12 weeks then 2 feeds around 16 weeks ,if hes not eating ,hes not eating,i would leave the meal out but if he seems hungry you can always reintrouduce it

3. nici

nici PetForums Senior

my little one stopped eating 3/4 meals aday at the age of 10 weeks he just decided he was not hungry as he is only a small dog (toy breed ) i think i was trying to give him to much, but he is doing fine on 2 meals aday,if yours is a little one to then maybe you are doing the same, i tend to go with feeling when a pup is concerned if they eat it all and still look for more then keep the meals up if they arent interested take one away:)

4. carol

carol PetForums VIP

i do reduce to 3 meals about 11 to 12 weeks as well
    his not hungry for his last meal so dont give it to him.
    :) :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice