Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Can Dogs and Cats live in harmony ?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by eieio, Feb 15, 2008.

1. eieio

eieio PetForums Member

Hi all I'm new here . i would like some advise please . I have 2 jack Russell's Charlie 7 and Eddie 5, both neutered. now i have just booked myself a fine pedigree GSD girl for pet and poss show . Also i have registered with a few cat society's and sent for my prefix ,( which i do hope i get my first choice:rolleyes:) i am awaiting my first queen from a very well established and lovely cat breeder of BSH . i shall be breeding and showing my future cats. I am fortunate that my DH has well paid job and i can be home all day for this hobby. My question is this , can my future cats live happy,safe with my dogs ?. my stud cat will live outside, and so will my queens, but i also want them to be in my home most days too, and will most definitely be in the home while through pregnancy and while raising kittens until they go to new homes . just wanted some advise and to see if any others out here has same situation with dogs and cats and breeding also . as i want them all to be happy too .

thanks everyone , so glad i found this site :).

2. carol

carol PetForums VIP

firstly hi and welcome
    and yes cats and dogs can live happy together.
    meny people have both.
    i would introduce them slowly and a little at a time to each other.

3. claire

claire Guest

We had a cat and a dog when i was a child and never had any problems the cat liked the dog more than she liked him, he would often just get ignored

4. bordercolliepup

bordercolliepup PetForums Senior

Hi and welcome,:)
    I see no problem they can get on easily I've had cats and dogs living together still do , my cat is always playing with the dog and the dog is so gental back, they both know when each other has had enough.:)

5. bullbreeds

bullbreeds PetForums VIP

Click on thumbnail and look closely. Cats and dogs can quite happily live side by side! :D

Attached Files:

6. lizd4688

lizd4688 PetForums Member

we have both and they get on fine. sometimes they do a dance around each other ...but yes you can have both

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice